After installing the last Tuesday patch, several users complained of being not able to print any files or documents. Some even encountered BSOD Errors like – APC_INDEX_MISMATCH or win32kfull.sys on their computers. To address this bug, Microsoft has come up with out-of-band updates for different Windows 10 versions. For instance, download and install KB5001567 to fix printing issues on Windows 10 version 20H2 or 2004.
This is an optional update and you need to download it only if you are getting errors while printing documents or blue screen issues on your device. You may get this out-of-band update dated 15th March via either Windows Update or Update Catalog.
Microsoft rolled in out-of-band updates for different versions of Windows 10 on 15th March for the sole purpose of resolving printing issues.
Here is the key statement that appears on each one of the out-of-band updates –
Addresses an issue that might cause a blue screen when attempting to print to certain printers using some apps and might generate the error, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.
How to Install Out-of-band update in Windows 10
Before going to apply the latest patch to your computer, you must download and install the recent servicing stack updates by Microsoft. By doing so, the update process will occur smoothly without getting into any bugs or errors.
In case you are on earlier versions of Windows 10, download and install the below SSUs –
Once you have applied the recent SSU to your Windows 10 device, you may follow any of the below methods to download and install the out-of-band update dated 15th March.
1] Windows Update
- Press Win + I to enter the Settings app.
- Select Update & Security thereafter hit Check for updates.
- The system will then look if there lie any pending updates or not. And if available, this will automatically download and install the out-of-band update.
- When the system prompts to reboot the device, do the same.
2] Update Catalog
In case you didn’t get what you were looking for following the above section, you may download the latest update manually as well. To do so, use these simple steps –
- Go to the official site for standalone packages i.e. Update Catalog.
- On the search bar, type the exact KB number that comes for your version of Windows 10. You may get it from here –
- Henceforth, press Enter and you will get a list of matching results.
- Pick the one that best matches your system configuration i.e. x86/x64/ARM64 and hit the download button.
- On the subsequent screen, you may click the top link and the standalone package for your PC starts downloading.
- When the download completes, open the folder containing the set-up file, and double-click on it.
That’s it, you should now get rid of printing issues or BSOD errors that were earlier occurring on your computer.