Windows 10 receives a new cumulative update KB5000850 for devices running Windows 10 1909. This is a non-security update patch, brings some quality updates and improvements, and fixes to the device along with the OS Build 18363.1474. It covers a long list of fixes and changes that highlights some quality improvements and different update related issue.
Like every Windows Update, you can download and install this update in the form of an MSU file via the Update Catalog page. Let’s explore the key changes in detail –
KB5000850 Windows 10 1909 Changelog
Here are the key changes on this non-security update for Windows 10 1909 users –
- The company has removed the Edge Legacy desktop application that is out of support and installs the new Microsoft Edge.
- Works on an issue with zoom. It appears when using Microsoft Edge IE Mode on devices that use multiple high-DPI monitors.
- With this update, the Microsoft team has decided to allow administrators. It will help to use a Group Policy to enable extended keyboard shortcuts, including the Ctrl+S in Microsoft Edge IE Mode.
- Microsoft has found a problem that might cause a deadlock. It can appear when a COM server delivers an event to multiple subscribers in parallel.
- Another problem is here with Japanese input that occurs after focus changes between boxes in Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- Works on an issue that causes 16-bit apps. It runs on NT Virtual DOS Machine (NTVDM) and stops working when you open them.
- Fixed a problem with USB 3.0 hubs. A device attached to the hub might stop functioning after setting the device to hibernate or restart the device.
- The team works on an issue that stops users from adjusting or turning off the touchpad. It happens because of administrative settings.
- Microsoft team tries to fix an issue that displays nothing or shows “Computing Filters” indefinitely. It happens when you filter File Explorer search results.
- With this patch, the Volgograd, Russia time zone from UTC+4 to UTC+3 has been updated.
- Also, this update has added a new time zone for the Republic of South Sudan like UTC+2:00 Juba.
- The cumulative update KB5000850 fixed an issue with the Windows Event Log Forwarding client. This problem returns the first matching certificate without checking private key permissions.
- Next, the company solves the problem that causes PowerShell-based monitors to stop working. It happens when you enable transcription on the systems.
- Works on an issue that prevents BranchCache from working. This problem appears when you activate Windows using Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) license.
- Addresses an issue that hinders App-V applications from opening and generates error 0xc0000225.
- Resolves the problem in which some machines enrolled with mobile device management (MDM) service fail to sync. This issue occurs if the device manufacturer’s name contains a reserved character.
- The tech giant works on an issue with using a configuration service provider (CSP) policy to configure a custom setting for Audit Other Logon/Logoff events. The custom setting fails to take effect.
- With this update, the company adds a check-in reason for requests from the client to the server. And consequently, it updates the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management (DM) sync protocol
- The Developer team has worked on credential roaming. It appears when Windows Hello for Business is enabled.
- Works on an issue that hinders users from using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to connect to a Windows Server 2019 device that is in Desktop Experience mode.
- Microsoft tries to fix an issue that might hinder Hypervisor-Protected Code Integrity (HVCI) from being enabled when you configure it using a Group Policy.
- The tech community resolves an issue that causes multiple instances of appidcertstorecheck.exe to run on a system when AppLocker is enabled and the system is not on the internet.
- Worked on black screen or delays signing in to a Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined machine. This issue used to occur when the machine attempts to connect to login.microsoftonline.com.
- The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge will work now correctly.
- Fixed some possible race conditions that occur when the system calls NtOpenKeyEx(). It used to occur a stop error.
- Microsoft team worked on an issue with high memory usage when performing XSLT transforms using MSXLM6.
- Addresses an issue that hinders Server Message Block 1 (SMB1) clients from accessing the SMB share after restarting the LanmanServer service.
- After installing this update, the cluster network interface will not stop working that used to occur for a short time.
- Microsoft team worked on an issue with signing in to a device. It is in the current domain by using the default user profile of a device that is in a different but trusted domain.
- The software giant works on an issue that evaluates the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem. By doing this, it helps in device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- KB5000850 works on an issue that turns on Caps lock surprisingly while using RemoteApp.
- The company has worked on an issue with the svhost process that hosts the Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager.
How to Get KB5000850 on Windows 10 1909
Before you proceed, make sure you have installed the latest SSU KB5001205. This post will show you two easy methods that will help you to download and install this update on your device. Here are the followings:
1] Through Windows update
To download the update through Windows update, use the steps –
- Press the Windows+I keys to open the Settings app.
- Then select Update & Security > Windows Updates.
- Go to the right side and click the Check for updates button.
- Wait for a while until it starts scanning and downloading the update.
- After that, click on the Install now button and install it.
2] Through Microsoft update catalog
You can also get the update through the Microsoft update catalog. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Microsoft Update Catalog page.
- Click on the Download button and then run the standalone package that came along with this release.
- Thereafter double click on the “.MSU File” and install the update.
Source – Update Catalog