As a part of the third Tuesday Patch update of this year, a new cumulative update KB5000802 has been released by Microsoft for devices running Windows 10 version 20H2 and v2004. In this month’s update, the company has worked on security improvements for the device, Microsoft Office products, and Windows basic functions.
Like every Windows Update, you can download and install this update through the Windows Update. This update can also be received through the Microsoft Update Catalog and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). But before you proceed, make sure to download the recent SSU to your device.
Here are the key changes that will occur after upgrading to OS Build 19041.867 and 19042.867 –
Windows 10, version 20H2
- This update carries all the improvements from Windows 10, version 2004.
- No additional issues were documented for this release.
Windows 10, version 2004
This security update consists of quality improvements. It contains the updates for Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 19041.1140), released on March 9, 2021. Here are the key changes:
- Microsoft works on the elevation of privilege security vulnerability documented in CVE-2021-1640, which is relevant to print jobs submitted to “FILE:” ports.
- It improves the security updates for the following:
Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Apps, Windows User Account Control (UAC), Windows Virtualization, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and Windows Media
Known Issues on this update
Here is the issue that you may see with this update –
Issue 1: After installing this update, you may lose the certifies while updating a device running on Windows 10, version 1809, or the later version of Windows 10. However, devices that are using Windows Update for Business or that connect directly to Windows Update will not be affected.
Solution: To solve this problem, you need to uninstall the window by going back to your previous version of Windows using the instructions here. When the issue gets fixed, there is the need to update to the later version of Windows 10.
Issue 2: You may face issues while trying to get the correct Furigana characters. This problem appears when using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) to enter Kanji characters in the application.
Solution: Microsoft is currently working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to Get this Security Update
To get this security patch on your computer, try out any of the following methods but before installing this LCU, make sure to download and install the latest servicing stack i.e. KB4598481.
1] Windows Update
Go to the following location:
Settings (Win + I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
And then click on the Check for Updates button.
2] Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the Microsoft official site, select the update that best matches your system configuration, and then click on the Download button.
- Thereafter, click the top link to start downloading the related files of KB5000802.
- When the download completes, open the folder containing this file, and double-click the setup file having
3] Windows Server Update Services
Set the following parameters as classified below and your device will get the latest patch automatically –
- Product: Windows 10, version 2004 and 20H2
- Classification: Security Updates