Windows 10 1909 users may now download and apply the latest cumulative update i.e. KB4601315 to their devices. This new patch brings quality fixes and improvements along with increasing the OS Build to 18363.1377.
After switching to this build version, you may notice a bug while playing games using Direct3D 12 on Discord. To solve this, upgrade the Discord app to its latest update. If the issue persists even after this, simply turn off its in-game overlay feature. Let us explore the changelog in detail –
Here are the key changes that came along with this cumulative update –
- Improves security while using Input devices like – mouse, keyboard, or pen.
- Secures Verifying usernames and password processes.
- Works upon a possible elevation of privilege vulnerability in the win32k component.
Apart from the above fixes, KB4601315 updates the security features of the following –
Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Apps, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Core Networking, and Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking.
Known Issues on this patch
After installing this patch, Microsoft and Discord may show incompatibility issues while playing games using Direct3D 12. This bug usually occurs when the in-game overlay feature of Discord is turned on. In case you try starting the affected games, you will most probably receive an error or the game simply closes itself.
Sol– In order to get rid of this problem, make sure to disable the in-game overlay under settings within the Discord app.
Or, update the Discord app to its latest version.
How to Get KB4601315 Security Patch
You may get this security patch from either of the following channels –
Note: Before proceeding ahead, make sure to apply the recent servicing stack update to your device i.e. KB4601395.
1] Windows Update
- Press WinKey + I.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click Check for Updates.
- The system will then start looking for any pending updates, and if available, your operating system gets upgraded to the latest cumulative update.
2] Update Catalog
If the automatic search doesn’t reveal any pending update, you may get the security patch manually as well. Here’s how to manually download and install the available update –
- Visit Microsoft’s Update catalog site.
- Pick the update that best matches your system architecture, and hit the download button.
- Click the top link on the next screen. KB4601315 starts downloading immediately afterward.
- When the download completes, double-click the setup file.
3] Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you want to get this update via WSUS, all you need to configure your PC as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later
- Classification: Security Updates