It is made available for Windows 10, v1909, and Windows Server, v1909. The patch is a part of regular maintenance routines that comprise cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8. Make sure to see the Prerequisite and Restart requirement sections before you proceed to install the update.
You can get the update KB4598301 either from the Windows update or through the Microsoft Update Catalog. If you want to see the complete list of the security updates, click Windows 10 Cumulative Update.
KB4598301 Windows 10 1909 .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8
Here are the key changes to the .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1909, and Windows Server, version 1909:
- This update works on an issue that was encountered on October 20th. Actually, after installing the update, some ASP.Net applications failed during precompilation. It has also shown an error message that contains the words “Error ASPCONFIG.”
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF1)
- The company addresses on a hang when scrolling to the end of a TreeView. It used to occur when layout rounding is enabled and DPI scaling is not 100%.
Common Language Runtime (CLR2)
- It increases the reliability of automatic Native Image generation task.
Download and install .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5 on Windows 10 1909
1. Through Automatic update
Whenever Microsoft releases an update, you will get a respective notification at the Notification panel. However if you haven’t received it yet, follow the below steps to download and install the update –
- Open Windows Settings using Windows+I keys.
- Select Update & Security > Check for Updates.
- This will start searching for any new updates. If you find it there, then download and install it.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
2. Via Microsoft update catalog
Alternatively, you can use the Update Catalog to get the cumulative update on your PC –
- First of all, open Microsoft Update Catalog and search for the file that matches your system architecture.
- Once you find it, click on the Download button.
- In the new dialog box, click on the link to download the file.
- Now double-click on the downloaded .MSU file to open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process, then restart your PC.