Microsoft releases a .NET Framework update i.e. KB4598299 for Windows 10 versions 2004 and 20H2. Moreover, this optional update is also applicable for Windows 10 Servers like 20H1 and 20H2.
As of now, users may get this patch update via the Windows Update section or by visiting Microsoft’s update catalog website.
Here are the key changes on .NET Framework cumulative update KB4598299 for Windows 10 versions 2004 and 20H2 –
- ASP.NET – Resolves an issue wherein installing the latest update i.e. 20th Oct, fails to boot during the precompilation. Users receive an error message that says “Error ASPCONFIG”.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) – Works upon a hang issue that occurs only while scrolling to a TreeView end. The other condition that you must meet to get this bug is “Your layout rounding is enabled and DPI scaling is not 100%”.
- Common Language Runtime (CLR) – Improves the reliability of automatic “Native Image generation” task.
How to Get KB4598299 CU
Windows 10 2004/20H2 users may get this optional update from either of the following options –
1] Windows Update
- Press WinKey + I.
- Click Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Head over to the right pane, and click the Check for updates button.
- The system will take care of the remaining steps.
2] Update Catalog
If, for any reason, your PC couldn’t get this .NET Framework, manually download the standalone package. To do so, visit the update catalog site, pick up one update that best-matches your system configuration, and hit the Download button.
When the download completes, open the folder containing this file, and double-click upon it.