Microsoft releases an optional update to Windows 10 1909 users i.e. KB4598298. As of now, this cumulative update is available either via Windows Update or Update Catalog. There came plenty of new bug fixes and improvements along with updating the existing build to 18363.1350.
Bug Fixes on KB4598298
Microsoft addressed the following issues on Windows 10 version 1909 with an optional update i.e. KB4598298.
- No problems while using special key combinations used in DaYi, Yi, and Array IMEs.
- Users may now open any documents that lie on the Desktop Screen without getting into error – “The directory name is invalid”.
- Resolves the Lock Screen issue wherein users get a blank screen after resuming their devices from the Hibernate mode.
- Corrects historical daylight savings time (DST) information for the Palestinian Authority.
- Your device will now get a notification that details when it is going to reach the end of services for your specific Windows 10 version.
- The “Extract all” option on the context menu will now work effectively after applying this patch update.
- Updates the Administrative Template settings issue wherein configuring a policy with “Not Configured” cause the system to fail to remove the previous settings.
- Users may now access any Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot of Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes for an infinite time period.
- Addresses the LSASS.exe sudden stop working issue. Furthermore, there won’t be any memory leak on a server that is under a heavy authentication load. This bug mostly occurred when the Kerberos Armoring is enabled on your computer.
- Works upon an anomaly that is known to cause Fatal error like – BITLOCKER_FATAL_ERROR 0x120 on the system using BitLocker.
- DirectX12 runtime components will now load efficiently as Microsoft splits the d3d12.dll binary into two pieces. The split pieces are – d3d12.dll and d3d12core.dll.
- The JumpList items may now function properly after upgrading to the build 18363.1350.
To know the complete list of fixes and improvements, see the release note provided at the end of this article.
Important Notifications by Microsoft for Windows 10 1903
- Windows 10 version 1903 reaches the end of servicing updates on 8th Dec 2020. To continue receiving the latest security and quality updates, upgrade your operating system to either Windows 10 version 1909 or newer versions.
- Adobe Flash Player went out of support on December 31, 2020. To know more, see Adobe Flash’s end of support dated December 31, 2020.
Known issues on KB4598298
You will not notice any new issue after applying this optional patch to your device.
How to download and install KB4598298
Windows 10 1903 and 1909 users may get this optional update from the following channels –
1. Windows Update
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Jump to the right side and click optional updates.
- Here, you will find a link to download and install this cumulative update.
2. Update Catalog
In case you didn’t find this optional update following the above guideline, you may get the standalone package on the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Once you reach the official site, pick the update well-matching your system architecture, and hit the Download button.
When the download completes, open the folder containing this file, and double-click the setup file. Your PC may restart several times during Windows 10 update.
|Note: This update is currently not available at Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).|