On 19th Nov 2020, Microsoft releases out-of-band as well as optional updates for Windows 10 1903/1909 users. The KB4586819 is an optional update that brings so many fixes and quality improvements to the operating system. Installing this patch will increase the 1903 build number to 18362.1237 whereas 1909 to 18363.1237.
If you are on some other version of Windows 10, see the complete list of the latest cumulative updates by Microsoft.
KB4586819 – Fixes and Improvements
Here are the key fixes and improvements that are made available on this cumulative update –
- No issues while using USB 3.0 hubs.
- Extends Microsoft Defender for Endpoint support in new locations.
- Updates Narrator not to cause any issue while unlocking your computer.
- Internet Explorer’s About dialog is now updated to use the Standard Modern Dialog.
- No black-screen issues for users when they attempt to sign in to Windows Virtual Desktop.
- You may now use Microsoft Changjie without worrying about apps stopping suddenly due to stack overflow.
- Resolves an issue on Chromium Edge wherein launching this browser opens up in the background.
- You may now play games using spatial audio without worrying about any issues during the gameplay.
- Updates Windows not to inadvertently modify settings for certain IP cameras that are on the same network.
- Improves Graphics Device Interface (GDI) Font Handles causing unexpected behaviors in certain applications.
- No issues while using enforced groups in the Start menu layout. The problem previously occurs when users try to set tile groups using mobile device management (MDM).
- Users may now use a solid color as their default Desktop wallpaper.
- Resolves a bug causing the 0x57 error when you execute the “
wecutil ss /c:” command to update an Event Forwarding subscription.
- Addresses an issue related to the Search bar inside the Shell namespace extension products.
- Previously, there occurs a bug preventing users from signing in on certain servers. Microsoft updates a group policy that forces the start of a computer session to be interactive.
- No sign-in issues while using the
- Updates the wireless receiver issue that simply disconnects during a wireless projection session.
- Works upon a bug that restricts opening .txt files via the PDF24 app, version 9.1.1.
- No memory leaks while using a non-paged memory after installing the KB4586819 update. Similarly, using a
bindflt.syswill also not cause the memory to leak when copying files in a container scenario
- Resolves an issue with Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) that simply restrict Certificate Transparency (CT) logs from being submitted, if enabled.
- Users may now sync contents across devices.
- You may now see the “I forgot my Pin” functionality back on the lock screen when you fill in the wrong password. The problem occurred when you use a username and password not enlisted as inside these policies –
To see the complete list of fixes and improvements, visit the release note provided at the end of this post.
Known issues on this CU
If you plan to upgrade Windows 10 version 1809 to 1903 or 1909, the system or user certificates may get lost. This issue may arise if you have installed 16 Sept 2020 CU or later on your computer, however, didn’t install updates that came on or after 13 Oct 2020. The reasons arising this issue are as follows –
- Using outdated bundles or media through an update management tool like Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager or Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Using outdated physical media or ISO images that do not have the latest updates integrated.
How to download and Install this CU
You will receive a notification regarding this KB4586819 update via Windows Update. If not, you may try either of the following ways –
|Quick Note: Just make sure to install the latest servicing stack i.e. (KB4586863) before attempting any of the below methods.|
1] Windows Update
- Go to
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- In the Optional updates available area, you’ll find the link to download and install the update.
- Click this link to download/install the latest cumulative update for your Machine.
- When a pop-up appears asking to reboot your computer, do the same. This is to ensure that the latest version removes the old version and related files.
2] Update Catalog
- Go to Microsoft’s official site.
- Scroll down and pick the non-security patch that suits your system architecture.
- Next, click the download button.
- Now, open the folder containing the downloaded file, and double-click the setup.
- Windows 10 1903/1909 will then upgrade to Build version 18362.1237 and 18363.1237 respectively.