Windows 10 1903 and 1909 PCs receive a new .NET framework 3.5, 4.8 update titled “KB4580980“. As usual, this provides reliable improvements to .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8, and resolves a few issues on WPF and SQL.
Make sure to read all the prerequisites before applying this cumulative update to your computer. You may perform this task either through Windows Update or via the Update Catalog.
The key changes include the following –
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Fixes a regression issue that normally occurs when you disconnect two different HostVisual elements simultaneously.
- Resolves WPF crashing/hanging issues. Previously, WPF crashes the moment you start tying into a TextBox.
Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Works upon the System.Data.SqlClient bug wherein querying string columns would fail if the database had a Kazakh collation.
How to Get this Update
By default, you will receive a notification regarding this cumulative update. If you haven’t received any notification so far, you may manually search for this or simply download and install the standalone package available at the Update Catalog site.
- To obtain this update, you must have previously installed .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.8 on the computer.
- Exit all .NET framework-based applications on your computer and reboot your PC after you apply this patch update.
1] Through Windows Update
- First of all, navigate to the following location on your computer –
Settings (Win + I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Switch to the right pane and click the Check for updates button.
- Doing so will automatically download and install the pending patches on the computer.
2] Via Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog Site.
- Pick the patch that suits your system architecture and hit the Download button.
- On the succeeding screen, click the top link.
- Lastly, open the download folder and double-click the setup file to start installing the KB4580980 update.