Microsoft releases the KB4580419 .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 update for all Windows 10 versions and servers that came in the year 2020. This patch addresses reliability improvements on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
You will auto-receive this cumulative update via the Windows Update section. Alternatively, one may also visit the update catalog site and manually download/install this .NET framework.
KB4580419 .NET Framework Changelog
Here are the key changes to the core .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 on Windows 10 versions and Servers (to all that came in the year 2020) –
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Works upon a regression from a previous update that typically occurs when two HostVisual elements disconnect at the same time.
- Resolves a crash and/or hang issue while typing into a TextBox in a WPF app. This bug normally arises when you enable the “use text cursor indicator” feature on your operating system.
Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Improves the System.Data.SqlClient issue wherein querying string columns would fail if the database had a Kazakh collation.
Download and Install KB4580419
Here’s how to download and install this .NET Framework on your computer –
1] Windows Update
- Go to
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and hit Check for Updates.
- The system will look for any pending updates and download/install them (if available any).
2] Microsoft Update Catalog
If the searching for pending updates doesn’t reveal the KB4580419 framework, complete this task manually. To do so, follow these steps –
- First of all, visit the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
- After reaching there, look for the patches matching your system architecture i.e. 32-bit, 64-bit, ARM64, etc.
- When you locate the specific update, click the Download button.
- Open the folder containing the downloaded file and double-click the setup file.
- The system will take care of the remaining processes.