Windows 10 1607 users may download and install the latest cumulative update KB4580346 on their computers. Applying this patch not only updates security concerns of Windows core components but also several quality improvements and fixes that were long due. You may get this update via Windows Update or Microsoft Update Catalog. To view the complete list of recent patches, go to the Windows 10 Cumulative Updates history page.
KB4580346 for Windows 10 1607
The key highlights of this cumulative update are as follows –
- Increases the OS Build number to 14393.3986.
- Updates Fiji Time zone information in the calendar year 2020.
- Adds Sync feature to the Microsoft Edge IE Mode unidirectional session cookie when an Admin configures the session cookie. Besides, users can also enable the “Configure enhanced hang detection” for Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge. This won’t cause any additional issues on the Edge browser.
- Users may now get the end of support information for Adobe Flash inside the Internet Explorer 11.
- The applications will not use the Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) anymore when you attempt to close it.
- No more issues while creating HTML reports using
- Addresses a group policy issue that results in a stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” boot failures.
- Earlier when you load a driver with a 4K Microsoft Portable Executable (PE) header on a device, this causes an error 0x17. Usually, this bug arises on a device with an enabled Windows Defender Device Guard. Furthermore, if you use a machine certificate on such devices, this may cause the authentication to fail instantly. The company has fixed both these issues on Build 14393.3986.
- Create as many null ports you want using the user interface without getting into any trouble.
- Rectifies an anomaly that prevents you from accessing the Security Options data view in the Group Policy Management Editor (gpedit.msc) or Local Security Policy Editor (secpol.msc). The error is, “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in”.
Apart from the above fixes and improvements, the KB4580346 brings security updates for the following –
Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, and Windows Storage and Filesystems.
Known Issues on KB4580346
After installing this security-patch, you may encounter the following two issues –
- “2245 (NERR_PasswordTooShort)” – If you use more than 14 characters while setting up the “minimum password length” policy, the cluster service may stop working. To resolve this, set the domain default to use less than 14 characters.
- Windows may display a warning message during the installation of a third-party driver on the computer. You may get either of the following messages –
- “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software”
- “No signature was present in the subject”
To solve this bug, you may contact and ask for an updated driver from the driver manufacturer (OEM).
How to Get the KB4580346 Update
There are three different channels from which you can get the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1607. However, make sure to download and install the servicing stack update beforehand to avoid any problems during the update process. The recent SSU for Windows 10 1607 is (KB4576750).
Note: There’s no need to reboot your device after installing the servicing stack update on your device.
- Windows Update: Follow the path –
Win + I > Update & Security > Windows Update, and click Check for updates.
- Update Catalog: Reach out to the official Microsoft site to download the standalone file. After the download completes, click twice the setup file to start its installation.
- WSUS: The update will automatically sync with WSUS if you have configured Products as Windows 10, and Classifications as Security Updates.