Microsoft announces a new non-security Preview Update for Windows 10 1809 i.e. KB4577069. Although this is an optional update, it contains numerous fixes and improvements. For example, the robocopy command gets new functionalities, No error while making HTML reports via the tracerpt, etc.
As usual, users may access the Windows 10 1809 preview update via Windows Update or Update Catalog. Do check the known issues before proceeding to download/install KB4577062 on the computer.
Note: With this cumulative update, Windows 10 OS version 1809 advances to Build 17763.1490
KB4577069 Key Highlights
Here are the key changes that you will notice after upgrading Windows 10 1809 to the OS Build 17763.1490 –
- Users may now see the end of support for Adobe Flash right on the Internet Explorer 11 notification bar. To know more, see KB4581051.
- Improves a bug that causes fewer fonts appearing on Windows 10.
- Resolves an issue in which applications close unexpectedly while using East Asian characters as the new Keyboard layout.
- Similarly, when you use Korean IME on MS Office, the Office applications simply stop working. The company has resolved this bug as well.
- No error after enabling “Configure enhanced hang detection for Internet Explorer mode” in Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses “0x80704006 Hmmm… can’t reach this page” error.
- You may now create HTML reports using the tracerpt without getting into some trouble.
- Adds new functionalities to the
- Resolves “CscEnpDereferenceEntryInternal” holding parent as well as child locks issue after enabling the Offline Files.
- Deduplication jobs usually fails on Error 0x50 if called “HsmpRecallFreeCachedExtents()“. Microsoft addresses this bug as well.
- Users may now enable BitLocker even after installing the Server Core App Compatibility Feature on Demand (FOD).
In addition to these key fixes, Microsoft also addresses some other persisting errors in version 1809. To view the complete set of recent fixes and improvements, see the release note provided at the end of this article.
Known Issues on KB4577069
- Users may get the “
0x800f0982 - PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND” error after installing this preview update on Windows 10 1809. Here’s how to fix Update Error 0x800f0982 on Windows 10.
How to Get KB4577069 for Windows 10 version 1809
At first, download and apply the recent SSU (KB4570332) so that the update process does complete successfully. After you install the latest servicing stack, follow any one of these methods –
1] Direct Links from the Update Catalog
Microsoft provides the standalone file of recent patches at its official Catalog Site. Here’s how to download and install Windows 10 1809 Sept 2020 non-security patch –
- First of all, Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog page.
- Search for the latest cumulative update matching your PC architecture and hit the Download button.
- To start downloading the specific .msu file, click the top link.
- Double-click the setup file.
Note: Windows may restart several times while updating the existing Build OS.
2] Through Windows update
Alternatively, you may also download and install this preview update via Windows update. To do so, try the below steps –
- Press WinKey + I to start the Settings app.
- Navigate to – Update & Security > Windows Updates.
- On the right pane, click Check for updates.
- The system automatically starts downloading the essential files and folders.
- After the download completes, the preview update gets installed as well.
- When there appears a notification asking to reboot the device, hit Restart Now.