Microsoft releases another new cumulative update KB4577015 for Windows 10 1607 on the September Patch Tuesday. This is basically a security update that increases the build version of Windows 10 1607 to 14393.3930. With this patch, Microsoft works on the security improvements for Microsoft Office products, Store app, time zone information for the Yukon, etc. It includes a list of key changes that address security vulnerability and other security updates. Let’s see them in detail.
You can either download the KB4577015 update manually or let the Windows Update do it for you. In order to check out the complete list of the patch, open Windows 10 Cumulative Updates. Let’s now explore the key changes in detail –
The key highlights of the KB4577015 cumulative update are as follows –
- This cumulative update provides the ability to set a Group Policy. When you log in, it displays only the domain and username.
- Works on an issue that stores blocked characters in the Input Method Editor (IME) conversion list.
- For the city like Yukon (Canada), Microsoft updates time zone information.
- Fixed an issue that blocks the Event Viewer from suitably saving filtered events.
- Microsoft team works on an issue with object performance counters.
- With this update, another issue has been rectified that sometimes prevents AppLocker from running an application whose publisher rule allows it to run.
- Delays problem during the shutdown will not appear now. This issue used to occur while running the Microsoft Keyboard Filter Service.
- The software giant fixed a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. Once you install this update, HTTP-based intranet servers will not leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates.
- Windows 10 team works on an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem. It helps to ensure the application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Microsoft team has fixed another issue that stops users from reconnecting to a previous RemoteApp session unless an administrator closes the session on the server.
- And last, the company has improved the Security updates to the following:
Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
KB4577015 Known Issue
Issue: It has been assumed that the cluster service might fail to start after installing the KB4467684 patch. If the group policy “Minimum Password Length” is configured with greater than 14 characters, it may cause error “2245 (NERR_PasswordTooShort)”
Sol: KB4577015 cumulative update will set the domain default “Minimum Password Length” policy that would be less than or equal to 14 characters. Although, the company is currently working on a resolution and will provide it in an upcoming release.
How to Get this Update
There are three different methods you can use to grab this cumulative update. Here are the following –
- Windows Update – If your computer receives the patch update KB4577015, you will get the related notification automatically. To avoid any problem while updating your device, you must have to download and install the latest SSU KB4576750 first.
- Standalone Package – Alternatively, you can visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download, and run the standalone package that came along with this release. Also, make sure to download the file matching your system architecture.
- WSUS – This cumulative update KB4577015 will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
- Product: Windows 10 version 1607
- Classification: Security Updates
Source – Update Catalog