This Tuesday, Microsoft introduces new security-patches for almost all Windows 10 versions. The recent releases are working fine except for Windows 10 2004 wherein users are complaining about “Windows run slowly” after applying the update. If you have already installed KB4571756, we recommend installing KB4579305 as well. The later will fix any compatibility issues on Windows 10 version 2004.
Apart from this, Microsoft also releases KB4576478 .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10 2004. In this guide, we have elaborated how-to manually get this update. Moreover, this post also provides direct links to download this cumulative update on the computer.
KB4576478 .NET Framework Update Changelog
ClickOnce will no longer download applications from untrusted servers which use NTLM authentication, but, instead, will fail with “Authentication failed”. Sites in the Local Intranet and Trusted sites zones will continue to authenticate as before.
Known Issues on this Update
Microsoft is not aware of any known bugs or errors on this .NET Framework update.
How to install the .NET Framework Sept 2020 Update
Although the system will automatically download and install KB4576478, you may get this patch update manually as well. You may click the direct link to access this file or get it through Windows Update –
1. Update Catalog
- First of all, browse to the Microsoft Update Catalog Site.
- Look for the patch that correctly matches the system compatibility like x86, x64, ARM64, etc.
- Once located, hit the Download button.
- Now that you have downloaded the .msu file, reach out to the Download folder and double-click the setup file.
2. Direct Links
Here, we have also included the direct links for different system architectures –
3. Windows Update
By default, users receive any update via the Windows Update section. You may also visit this section and manually download the recent .NET framework packages. Here’s how to proceed –
- Browse to –
Win + I > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Head over to the right side and click the Check for Updates button.
- The system will look for any pending updates and if available, downloads and installs the same.