Another cumulative update KB4571709 has been released by Microsoft for Windows 10 series 1803 on the Patch Tuesday of August. This security update increases the build version of Windows 10 1803 to 17134.1667. With this patch, the Microsoft team works on the problem related to Microsoft Edge, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, and others. There is also the security improvement you will get for Microsoft Edge, IE, and some input devices like mouse & keyboard.
You can either download the KB4571709 update manually or let the Windows Update do it for you. If your computer fails to receive the update, you can download the security patch manually. To do that, open Windows Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for updates.
KB4571709 – Changelog
The key highlights of the KB4571709 cumulative update are as follows –
- Microsoft team works on problems related to the Microsoft Edge IE mode. Now you will not see any issue while opening multiple documents from a SharePoint site.
- Now there is no browsing issue that occurs using anchor links in Microsoft Edge IE mode.
- The company resolves the problem associated with loading Browser Helper Objects in Microsoft Edge IE mode.
- After installing this update, you will find all the applications working well, including not responding issue. This problem used to occur if the applications rely on the JScript Scripting Engine.
- Windows 10 team resolves the problem that stops you from installing some .msi apps. This problem usually occurs when a device is managed by a Group Policy that redirects the AppData folder to a network folder.
- The cumulative update KB4571709 tries to rectify an issue in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. It used to allow single sign-on authentication when an app does not have the Enterprise Authentication capability. It is expected that with the release of CVE-2020-1509, UWP applications might start prompting the user for credentials.
- With this update, Microsoft releases the security updates for the following –
Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Windows Wallet Service, Microsoft Edge Legacy, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, the Windows AI Platform, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
KB4571709 Known Issue
Microsoft is currently not aware of any issues with this update.
How to Get this Update
You can use three different methods to download/apply this cumulative update –
- Windows Update – If your computer receives the patch update KB4571709, you will get the related notification automatically. To avoid any problem while updating your device, you must have to download and install the latest SSU KB4565552 first.
- Standalone Package – If you don’t want to wait, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download and run the standalone package that came along with this Build release. Just make sure to download the file matching your system architecture.
- WSUS – This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
- Product: Windows 10 version 1803
- Classification: Security Updates
Source – Update Catalog