Microsoft releases new .NET Framework optional update for Windows 10 1903/1909 users i.e. KB4570723. This is basically a non-security patch providing some additional fixes and improvements to that of patch Tuesday update KB4569751.
In this post, we have covered the key highlights that came with KB4570723 including ways to download it on your device. Overall, this is an optional update that provides reliability improvements to your computer. Let’s explore this in detail –
KB4570723 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 Changelog
The key changes on this non-security patch are as follows –
- CLR: Resolves a bug that occurs primarily on 32-bit apps. Earlier, due to this, the JIT simply omit a function call. The company improved the support to clean up private temporary certificate keys.
- WPF: Addresses an anomaly with a null-reference crash in automation code. This bug arises from re-entrancy while connecting to a Remote Desktop.
|Quick Note: CLR stands for Common Language Runtime while WPF for Windows Presentation Foundation.|
Prerequisites to download KB4570723
There are a few prerequisites that you must meet before downloading/installing this .NET Framework. They are as follows –
- You must have installed .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.8 previously on the computer.
How to Get the KB4570723 Optional update
Windows 10 users may install this optional update via two different channels. They are as follows –
|Note: This non-security patch won’t be available to the WSUS users automatically. However, they may import this manually following these instructions.|
1. Windows Update
You will receive a message regarding the .NET Framework KB4570723 at the notification panel. If not, you may follow the below steps to download and install this manually as well.
- Launch Settings App using the shortcut “Win + I“.
- Select “Update & Security” then Windows Update on the left column.
- Switch to the right side and click “Check for Updates“.
- Your PC will look for the recent updates on the Microsoft servers and if available any, will download and install the same automatically.
- Once the installation finishes, your device prompts to Restart Windows.
2. Direct Link from the Update Catalog
You may use the direct link provided at Update Catalog Site to download and install KB4570723. All you need is to follow these simple steps –
- Head over to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Once there, locate the patch matching your system architecture like x86, x64, or ARM64.
- Now, click the Download button. Subsequently, hit the top result.
- After the download finishes, open the download folder and double click the set-up file.
- The system will take care of the remaining steps automatically.