Microsoft releases printer patches to almost all Windows 10 versions like 19H1/19H2, 1809, and 1803 on 16th June 2020. Again on the 18th of June 2020, they roll in another set of cumulative updates for the remaining Windows 10 versions. For example – KB4567523 for 20H1, KB4567517 for 1607, KB4567515 for 1709, and KB4567516 for 1803.
Well, all these new cumulative updates serve one purpose i.e. addressing the printer issues. Printing from default or third-party apps fail and print spooler services close unexpectedly were some of the bugs after installing last to last Patch Tuesday (9th Jun 2020). If you want to check whether you have or haven’t installed any of these earlier files, see the complete list of cumulative updates.
The key features of this cumulative update are as follows –
- Increases the Windows 10 2004 OS Build number to 19041.331.
- The software giant resolves a printer-related issue wherein certain printers stop printing and rather generate error messages. While doing so, they kind of fix the “print spooler services closing unexpectedly” bug as well. Previously, this used to affect the software-based printers like when printing to PDF.
Note: The above fixes hold true for Windows 10 versions 1709, 1703, and 1607 as well except for the build number. The respective build numbers are as follows –
- 16299.1937 for version 1709
- 15063.2411 for version 1703
- 14393.3755 for version 1607
How to Get the KB4567523 Patch
Usually, Windows 10 users receive a notification via Windows Update about any new cumulative updates. However, this is not the case with the KB4567523 Patch. What you can do now is visit the Update Catalog, and download the related file. Here’s we have provided a direct link to different architectures of Windows 10 version 2004.
Imp: Make sure to first download and install the latest servicing packs i.e. KB4560366.
- x86 based Windows 10 version, 2004
- x64 based Windows 10 version 2004
- ARM-64 based Windows 10 Build OS 2004
- x64 based Windows Server, version 2004
- ARM64 based Windows Server, version 2004
Just download the specific patch (as per your system architecture), go to the download folder, and click twice on the set-up file to start patching Windows 10 20H1 OS.
KB4567523, Windows 10 version 2004 – Release Note
KB4567517, Windows 10 version 1607 – Release Note
KB4567515, Windows 10 version 1709 – Release Note
KB4567516, Windows 10 version 1703 – Release Note