On June 16, Windows 10 receives a new cumulative update KB4567513 and KB4567514 for Windows 10 1800 series build versions. KB4567513 increases Windows 10 version 1809 to Build OS 17763.1294 and KB4567514 takes the build version of Windows 10 1803 to 17134.1553. In this non-security updates, the company mainly focuses on an issue that prevents certain printers from printing that causes the apps and print spooler to stop unexpectedly.
Users will not get any notification regarding the installation of this file through Windows Update. Also, they are not able to upgrade their PCs using Windows Server Update Services. All you need to visit the Update catalog, search the specific updates, and then download the .msi file manually.
KB4567513 and KB4567514 – Changelog
This is a non-security update that includes quality improvements. The key changes are –
- Windows 10 team works on an issue that might prevent some printers from printing page. It is the print spooler that possibly makes an error or closes surprisingly while trying to print. As a result, no output will come from the affected printer. There might also be problems with the apps you are trying to print from. For example – you may receive an error, or the app might close surprisingly. There is also a possibility of affecting software-based printers due to this error. For example – when printing to PDF.
Known Issues on KB4567513 and KB4567514
Here is a known issue that comes along with the cumulative update KB4567513 –
Issue – After the proper installation of KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may experience an error. And the error is, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
Sol – As a workaround you will need to do the following things:
- You will have to uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. For further instructions, you can see Manage the input and display language settings in Windows 10.
- After that, click on Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. For instructions, check out Update Windows 10.
Note – If you’re still facing the problem then you may try to fix it by resetting your PC. Here is how to do it:
- Open your Windows Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Choose to Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
Workaround: Microsoft is working on a resolution. They will provide an update in a forthcoming release.
Currently, the company is not aware of any issues with this update.
How to Get the KB4567513 and KB4567514 Patch Update
Before you begin the process, make sure you have run the latest servicing stack i.e. KB4560959 on your device. It will make the update process further smooth and effective. One thing here you note down that this time you are not able to receive this patch update via either Windows Update or WSUS. To apply this cumulative update, you need to manually download and install the standalone package.
The respective SSUs are as follows –