Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 has received KB4562899 as a new .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 on 31st July 2020. The update brings quality and reliability improvements to the CLR, SQL, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, Net Library, and Winforms.
Microsoft suggests applying this update as part of the regular maintenance routines. Moreover, users can download the KB4562899 cumulative update in the form of an MSU file format by visiting the Update Catalog Site. Let’s now explore key changes in detail –
RELATED POST – Windows 10 Cumulative updates Complete Catalog
KB4562899 Quality and reliability improvements
In this section, we have explained the additional information about KB4562899 –
- CLR – The cumulative preview update addresses an issue in assemblies with IBC profile data. Microsoft works on the rare crashes that could occur while thread abort delivery.
- SQL – This package carries improvements in an exception “Execution Timeout Expired”. It occurs with an error message “Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding”.
- ASP.NET – The cumulative update addresses problems with forms authentication and session state configuration sections.
- WPF – For this package, KB4562899 brings 10 improvements.
- Likewise, WCF, Net Library, and Winforms are addressed with this update.
How to download and install the .NET Framework for Windows 10 2004
To download and install KB4562899 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 preview update for Windows 10 2004, you can use any of the below methods:
1] Direct Links – .NET Frameworks
- x64-based Windows Server, 2004
- x86-based Windows 10 version, 2004
- x64-based Windows 10 version, 2004
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version, 2004
2] Through Windows Update
You will receive an auto-notification regarding this cumulative update. If not, follow the below steps –
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Go to the right page and select Check for updates button.
- The system searches and checks for the available updates, and in a short time, the update starts to download automatically.
Once it completes the downloading procedure, restart your device when asked.
3] Using Microsoft update catalog
- Navigate to the Microsoft update catalog page.
- Search for the file supporting your system and click the Download button.
- On the next page, click on the solitary link there.
- Once the .msu file gets downloaded, double click on it to perform the installation.
Source – Release note.