Windows 10 has just now received a new cumulative update KB4561608 on June Patch Tuesday, 2020. With this security update, the version number of Windows 10 1809 is increased to Build 17763.1282. The company is working on a resolution and will provide an update to fix that. Moving ahead, the team rolls out security updates for Windows components and applications such as – Windows Shell, Microsoft Store, Microsoft HoloLens, etc.
You can either download KB4561608 cumulative update manually or let Windows 10 do this automatically for you. The manual installation is an alternate way to download and apply on your PC. For this, open the Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Furthermore, you may check out the entire patches by visiting the Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List. See the details ahead –
General Fixes and Improvements on KB4561608
The key changes are as follows –
- The software giant works on an issue that may stop you from updating .msi files from a network folder.
- Microsoft team rectifies an issue that causes the promotion of a server to a domain controller to fail. Besides, this mainly appears when the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) process is set as a Protected Process Light (PPL).
- Moreover, the company brings in the security updates for the core Windows Components and services.
KB4561608 – Known Issues
Bug – With build 17763.1282, when you install KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive an error. Here, the error is, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
- As a workaround, you first need to uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, you may see this link.
- Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. For instructions, you may open Update Windows 10.
Note – In case it does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:
- Open the Settings app > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
The company is working on a resolution. They will provide an update to this in a forthcoming release.
How to get this update
Before proceeding further, make sure to install the following Servicing stack updates on your PC-
- Windows 10 1809 – KB4562251
1. Through Windows Update
You will auto receive the new patch update KB4561608 on your respective Windows 10 version 1809 through Windows Update. Additionally, you may download the patch update manually as well by visiting the following address –
Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
After that, click on the Check for Updates button.
2. Through the Update Catalog
Download the Standalone Package for Windows 10 version: 1809
3. Via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you configure Products and Classifications as described below, KB4561608 will auto-synchronize with WSUS.
- Product: Windows 10
- Classification: Security Updates
Source – Microsoft Update Catalog