This Patch Tuesday, Microsoft releases security updates for Windows 10 version 1709 & 1703 – KB4561602 and KB4561605 respectively. KB4561602 enhances the build version of Windows 10 1709 to 16299.1932. Similarly, KB4561605 increases Windows 10 1709 Build OS number to 15063.2409. Being a security patch, it updates to improve the basic Windows operations, Office Products, Store app, input devices, Game Controllers, and many others.
Windows 10 1703 has already reached the end of services for all its editions. Although Microsoft has delayed the scheduled end of Windows 10 version 1709, this will soon reach there. We recommend upgrading to the Windows 10 2004 May 2020 Update. Doing so, you may enjoy the new and exciting features along with staying on a secured platform. To view the complete list of recent patches, read Windows 10 Cumulative Update Catalog.
KB4561602 and KB4561605 – Changelog
The Key fixes, features, and new improvements on KB4561602/KB4561605 are as follows –
- Both cumulative updates bring in security provisions for input devices, Office Products, Microsoft Store, printers, and several others.
- Secures the verifying usernames and passwords.
- Improves security for storing and managing files.
- Works upon a bug that restricts users updating .msi files using a network folder.
- Brings in the security patches for core Windows components, services, and default browsers like – Edge and Explorer.
How to get KB4561602, KB4561605 Patch
As always, Windows Update will prompt a notification detailing about any new updates. If you have enabled the auto-update for new patches, the related-file will be downloaded and installed on the computer. However, this may take some time.
Note: Before proceeding ahead, make sure to first download and install the recent servicing stack updates. The company always offers new SSUs one day before the Patch Tuesday.
In case you don’t want to wait, go to the below path and manually check for available updates –
Settings (WinKey + I) > Updates & Security > Windows Updates > Check for updates
Or, simply go to the Update Catalog and download the specific standalone packages.