On 9th June, Microsoft releases a new cumulative update for Windows 10 versions 1903 & 1909 – KB4560960. This Tuesday patch updates to improve the security of different Windows components, Microsoft services along with default web-browsers. With this release, the tech giant enhances the Build OS version of 19H1 to 18362.900 and 19H2 to 18363.900.
By default, you will receive a notification regarding the KB4560960 CU via the Windows Update section. In case, you don’t receive any message, you may visit the Update Catalog and download/apply the specific standalone package. To check the complete list of the recent updates by Microsoft, visit the Windows 10 Cumulative Update Catalog.
KB4560960 – Changelog
Here are the key highlights that appear on OS Build 18362.900 and 18363.900 –
- Improves Security while using browsers like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge.
- The basic operations on Windows too receive security updates.
- Updates the security of Microsoft Office Products, Xbox, and the Store.
- Improves the interface of verifying usernames and passwords.
- Additionally, Game controllers, printers, web cameras too receive security updates.
- Brings security updates for input devices as well such as – Mouse, Keyboard, Stylus, etc.
Improvements and Fixes on KB4560960
The key features of this security patch are as follows –
- Resolves a bug that restricts users from updating .msi files from a network folder.
- Security updates to the following –
Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Shell, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Xbox, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
A single issue pops up on this patch update –
Issue – After updating to this cumulative update, users may find some trouble connecting to the wireless wide area network over the LTE modem. While you may face lag connecting to the Internet, the NCSI (network icon display at the notification) might nor fluctuate a bit. Rather, it displays you are still receiving the signal.
Sol – As of now, the experts are working on a resolution and may provide the same in an upcoming release.
How to Get this Update
To download and apply this security patch on your device, go through any of the below channels –
- Windows Update: You will auto-receive a notification regarding the KB4560960 cumulative update. However, you must download and install the latest SSU i.e. KB4560959 in advance so that there doesn’t appear any lag while update.
- Standalone Package: If you don’t want to wait, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download and run the standalone package that came along with this release. Just make sure to check your system architecture before downloading the specific .msu file.
- WSUS: KB4560960 will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later
- Classification: Security Updates
Source – Update Catalog