On 21st July, Microsoft releases non-security patches for Windows 10 versions 1909, 1903, and 1809. KB4559004 updates version 1909 to Build 18363.997 and version 1903 to OS Build 18362.997. Similarly, KB4559003 increases the Windows 10 version 1809 Build OS to 17763.1369. With this patch, Microsoft aims to resolve several pending bugs and errors related to Microsoft Excel, Windows Hello face camera, etc.
One may easily download and install KB4559003/KB4559004 via the Windows Update section. However, in case you don’t get any pending result while searching for updates, visit the Update catalog to manually download the recent updates. Moreover, you may check out the entire list of patches here – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List. See the details ahead –
21st July Non-security Patches for Windows 10 1909, 1903, and 1809
Here are the key changes that developers perform on KB4559003 and KB4559004 –
KB4559004 Key Highlights
- Works to improve a bug that causes the Magnifier to stop working in Microsoft Excel in certain cases. As a result, Microsoft Excel also stops working effectively.
- Users may now delete previous entries on the search box inside the File Explorer. Additionally, they may also browse directories of raw images and other file types.
- Windows 10 PC will now recognize the Windows Hello face camera efficiently.
- Improves a wireless wide area network (WWAN) LTE modem issue that restricts Windows 10 PC accessing the internet.
- Addresses an issue that prevents family safety features, such as time limits and activity reporting, from working on ARM64 devices.
KB4559003 Key Highlights
- Resolves an anomaly that causes the Magnifier to stop working in Microsoft Excel thus preventing Excel smooth running as well.
Tip: To know the complete list of recent fixes, head over to the release notes by Microsoft provided below.
Known issues in this update
KB4559004 – Microsoft is currently not aware of any issues with this update.
KB4559003 – There’s one bug that appears on this non-security cumulative update. This is a long-time occurring issue that accompanies an error message
0x800f0982 - PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND. To solve this one should uninstall the recently installed language packs on Windows 10. Henceforth, restart Windows and reinstall the deleted language packs.
How to Get KB4559004 and KB4559003
There are two different ways to download and install this non-security cumulative update on the computer. They are as follows –
Before proceeding ahead, make sure to equip Windows 10 PC with the latest servicing updates. Running them beforehand make sure that the whole update process goes smoothly and effectively –
Now that you have already run the recent SSU, go to either of the following two ways to download the respective cumulative updates –
- Windows Update – Navigate to
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If this does pop any pending update, download and applies it to your computer.
- Update Catalog – Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog and copy/paste the specific KB number at the search bar. When matching result pops up, download the best-suited patch as per the system architecture.