On July 14, Windows 10 receives another new cumulative update KB4558998 and KB4565489 for Windows 10 1800 series build versions. KB4558998 increases Windows 10 version 1809 to Build OS 17763.1339 and KB4565489 takes the build version of Windows 10 1803 to 17134.1610. This is mainly a security update that focuses on an issue related to Microsoft Edge and status code c0000008. Additionally, it comprises security updates for Windows and Office products like Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, etc.
Users may download these cumulative updates KB4558998 and KB4565489 in the form of an MSU file format visiting the Update Catalog Site. You can use the manual installation if the update gets failed or stuck. After the proper installation, it will fix the security problems like data breaches and malicious attacks. Let’s now explore the features in detail.
KB4558998 and KB4565489 – Changelog
This is basically a security update that includes quality improvements. The key changes are –
- Windows 10 team tries to fix an issue that causes lsass.exe. This problemo stop working on a terminal server when you turn on the Remote Credential Guard. The exception code is 0xc0000374.
- Microsoft expert works on an issue that might hinder some applications from printing documents. These documents include graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released on June 9, 2020.
- The company includes the security updates for the given Windows Components –
Microsoft Edge Legacy, Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Apps, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Remote Desktop, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Known Issues on KB4558998 and KB4565489
Issue – After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may encounter a problem. It comes with an error message, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
Solution – As a workaround, you will need to do the following things:
- First of all, uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, you can see Manage the input and display language settings in Windows 10.
- Then select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. For guidance, see Update Windows 10.
Note: If the problem is still persisting, reset your PC as follows:
- Open the Settings app > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Choose Keep my Files.
By the way, the company is still working on a resolution and probably they will provide an update in a forthcoming release.
Microsoft has still not found any issues with this update.
How to get KB4558998 and KB4565489
Before proceeding further, make sure to install the following Servicing stack updates on your PC-
1] Through Windows Update
You will auto receive the new patch update KB4558998 and KB4565489 on your respective Windows 10 1800 series PCs through Windows Update. However, if you need to download the patch update manually, follow the below instructions:
Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
Now go to the right side of the window and click on the Check for updates option.
2] Through the Update Catalog
3] Via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you configure Products and Classifications as described below, KB4558998 and KB4565489 will auto-synchronize with WSUS.
- Product: Windows 10
- Classification: Security Updates