Windows Server 2004 and Windows 10 version 20H1 received Sept 2020 Intel Microcode updates. Additionally, Intel also provided a complete list of CPUs that are compatible with the current release of KB4558130 patch.
Windows 10 users will get a notification regarding this via Windows Update. However, if you don’t want to wait, you may go the Update catalog and download the specific file manually. We have also included direct links from the catalog site.
KB4558130 Intel Microcode Updates
Intel has recently finished software validations and is all set to deliver new Microcode for existing CPU platforms. With the new microcode, the company is aiming to resolve certain threats on Windows Server 2004 and Windows 10 version 20H1. The threats are as follows –
CVE-2019-11091 – Microarchitectural Data Sampling Uncacheable Memory (MDSUM)
CVE-2018-12126 – Microarchitectural Store Buffer Data Sampling (MSBDS)
CVE-2018-12127 – Microarchitectural Load Port Data Sampling (MLPDS)
CVE-2018-12130 – Microarchitectural Fill Buffer Data Sampling (MFBDS)
Apart from this, Intel also provided a complete list of CPUs that are going to receive this update in upcoming days. Below, we have provided three ways to download the recent microcode updates by Intel.
How to Get Sept 2020 Intel Microcode Updates
Here’s how to download and install the KB4558130 Intel Microcode updates –
1] Windows Update
- Browse to the below path –
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Head over to the right side and click “Check for Updates“.
- The system automatically searches for any pending updates.
- If there are any pending updates, this starts the downloading/installing process.
- When there appears a prompt asking to “Restart the PC”, do the same.
2] Microsoft Update Catalog
If you don’t find any pending updates for your processor, check whether this update is applicable to you or not. To do so, follow these easy steps –
- Go to the release note provided below.
- Scroll down and search whether this enlists your processor or not.
- If you find your processor name in the list, visit Update Catalog.
- Now, click the Download button next to the patch display appropriate system architecture.
3] Direct Links
Here, we have provided the “KB4558130 standalone file” direct links for different system architectures –
- x86-based Intel Microcode updates for Windows 10 version 2004.
- x64-based Intel Microcode updates for Windows 10 version 2004.
- x64-based Intel Microcode updates for Windows Server version 2004.
Release Note: Microsoft Update Catalog.