Microsoft releases a new security update for Windows 10 version 19H1 and 19H2 – KB4556799. This cumulative update upgrades Windows 10 1903 to build 18362.836 whereas Windows 10 version 1909 to 18363.836. Applying this Tuesday patch, you will secure and enhance the Windows core operations, office Products, Xbox, and others.
Although you will auto-receive a notification regarding KB4556799, you may manually download and apply this cumulative update as well. All you need is to visit the official website and download the standalone package for the specific CU. To check the complete list of May 2020 patches, visit Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
The key highlights of KB4556799 patch Tuesday are as follows –
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge both receive security updates.
- Improves security of input devices like mouse, keyboard, stylus, etc.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Eases the storing and managing files operations.
- Secures and Improves the basic Windows 10 operations.
- Microsoft Office products, Xbox, and many others receive security patches.
Here are the new changes comes along with the build 18362.778 & build 18363.778 –
Windows 10, 1909
The key changes of this security update are –
- This build includes all the improvements that came for Windows 10, version 1903.
- There is no separate documentation made for this release.
Windows 10, 1903
According to the company, If you installed the previous updates then there is a need to download and install only the new fixes included inside the update.
- The company improves the 2020 start date for daylight saving time (DST) in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Besides, this also adds security updates to the following Windows core components and Microsoft services –
Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Kernel, Windows Linux, Windows Update Stack, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Till now, the company is not aware of any issues that appear on this cumulative update.
How to Get this Update
You can use any one of three ways to download and apply this security patch to your 1903/1909 device –
- Windows Update – You will auto-receive a notification regarding the KB4556799 cumulative update. However, you must download and install the latest SSU i.e. KB4552152 in advance so that the update process runs smoothly.
- Standalone Package – If you don’t want to wait, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download & install the standalone package that came along with this release. Just make sure to check your system architecture before downloading the specific .msu file.
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) – The update will automatically sync with WSUS if you have configured Products and Classifications as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later
- Classification: Security Updates
Source – Update Catalog