On 21st April, Microsoft releases a new cumulative update for Windows 10 versions 1903 & 1909 – KB4550945. Being a non-security update, this brings quality improvements for the Xbox game, VPN, Sign-in options, and several others. This Tuesday patch enhances the build version of 19H1 to 18362.815 whereas 19H2 to 18363.815.
By default, you will receive a notification regarding the KB4550945 CU through the Windows Update section. In case, you don’t receive any message, you may visit the Update Catalog and download/install the standalone package. To check the complete list of the recent releases by Microsoft, visit Windows 10 Cumulative Update-List.
KB4550945 – Changelogs
Here are the key highlights that came with OS Build 18362.815 and 18363.815 –
- Corrects the “apps not starting” issue wherein bad image error message pops up.
- Improves the notifications issues while using a VPN on a cellular network. This also works upon the unexpected notifications that appear after a minor change in the default apps settings.
- Updates an anomaly that prevents the opening of the Microsoft Xbox game on the Windows 10 device.
- Removes the text box bug that appears containing multiple lines of texts while performing normal operations.
- Windows Update will work effectively after switching to the latest build versions.
- Resolves the print issue wherein it simply rejects printing contents that are outside of the margins on a document.
Improvements and Fixes for 1903 & 1909
Besides the above changes, it addresses several other issues as well. They are as follows –
- Windows 10 users won’t face any issues while signing in from the below address –
- ms–settings:signinoptions-launchfingerprintenrollment Uniform Resource Identifier.
- Resolves errors related to WDF01000.sys, logman.exe, REG_EXPAND_SZ, and LsaIso.exe.
- Improves an issue that restricts the Touch screen from appearing while at the Login screen. Microsoft also fixes the bug wherein the touch keyboard doesn’t start in Universal Windows Platform apps when USB devices are connected.
- Earlier when you reach a path greater than “MAX_PATH” in File Explorer, this displays incorrect folder properties. The company has addressed this bug as well.
- Upgrading to this release solves the issue that causes Clipboard services to stop unexpectedly.
- Works upon the Windows Security bug in which certain policies generate a duplicate rule ID error causing the Merge-CIPolicy PowerShell command to fail.
- The Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) management tools like IIS Manager will work normally. Previously, this results in an error while managing an ASP.NET application that has configured SameSite cookie settings in web.config.
We have covered here the new features and improvements by Microsoft. To know the pre-existing fixes, read the release note provided below.
By far, the company is not aware of any known issues on these build versions.
How to Get this Update
In order to download and apply this non-security patch on your device, go through any of the below channels –
- Windows Update – You will auto-receive a notification regarding the KB4550945 cumulative update. However, you must download and install the latest SSU i.e. KB4552152 in advance so that the update process completes successfully.
- Standalone Package – If you don’t want to wait, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download and run the standalone package that came along with this release. Just make sure to check your system architecture before downloading the specific .msu file.
Note: This update is not available on Windows Server Update Services.
Source – Update Catalog