This Patch Tuesday, Microsoft releases cumulative updates KB4549949 and KB4550922 for Windows 10 1800 series build versions. KB4549949 updates Windows 10 1809 to Build OS 17763.1158 whereas KB4550922 enhances the build version of Windows 10 1803 to 17134.1425. Being security patches, they update the core components of Windows and Microsoft services.
Users may download these cumulative updates in the form of an MSU file format visiting the Update Catalog Site. Besides, there are a few known bugs as well to which Microsoft will soon provide a permanent resolution. Installing this update will fix the security concerns that prevail owing to malicious attacks now and then. Let’s explore the new fixes and features in detail –
KB4549949 and KB4550922 – Changelogs
Both of these cumulative updates bring similar updates which are as follows –
- Security updates for the core Windows Components and Microsoft Services –
Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Core Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
- Improves security while performing basic Windows Operations and using Office Products.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
Known Issues on KB4549949 and KB4550922
Issue – The error 0x800f0982 error that appears after installing KB4493509 doesn’t solve in this release as well.
Sol – Since this is related to Asian language packs, uninstalling then re-installing may resolve in certain cases. If not, you need to reset your PC visiting Settings app > Recovery. While doing so, make sure to select the Keep my files checkbox.
Issue – You won’t be able to install apps that are published using a group policy object. This affects the installation of .msi files only, you may install any other apps visiting the default Microsoft Store.
Sol – As long as you don’t receive an update regarding this issue, manually install the particular app on your computer.
How to Get this Update
Before proceeding to download and install the LCU for Windows 10 1800 series, make your system compatible with its servicing stack updates. Doing so will ensure the smooth update process. The respective SSUs are as follows –
Now, you can head over to the below section and download the respective security patch update for 1809 & 1803.
1. Windows Update – You will auto-receive a notification regarding the KB4549949 and KB4550922 cumulative update.
2. Standalone Package – If you don’t want to wait, you may go to the Update Catalog and download the respective update file. The direct links are provided below –
Note: Just make sure to check the system architecture before clicking on the Download button.
3. Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) – This update syncs with WSUS automatically if you configure Products and Classifications as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1809 and 1803.
- Classification: Security Updates.