Microsoft silently releases a new cumulative update for Windows 10 1900 series users. The KB4541335 patch will enhance the existing Windows 10 version 19H1 to Build 18362.752 whereas Windows 10 19H2 to Build 18363.752. Though the company hasn’t provided any release note regarding this, you may check the same at Windows Update Section.
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updates > Check for Updates
On 24th March, the company provides a release note detailing new features and fixes. This Tuesday patch works upon several aspects like – calendar dates issue for Samoa time zone, the mute button over Windows Phone, etc. Besides, this CU also addresses the performance issues of DRM protected apps.
The key features and fixes that came along with this patch update are as follows –
- No printing error while sharing documents.
- Resolves a bug that prevents apps from closing. This issue was more prevalent when a user changes his/her keyboard layout to East Asian characters.
- Improves the Samoa time zone calendar dates issues. Earlier, it was incorrectly pointing dates to some other day of the week.
- KB4541335 addresses a performance issue in applications that occur while playing or pausing contents in the background. This is applicable to digital rights management (DRM) protected apps.
- The mute button starts working on devices with the Microsoft Your Phone app.
Note: As per Microsoft, there are no known issues on this cumulative update.
How to get this update
Note: Do apply the latest SSU i.e. (KB4541338) before downloading this patch update from any of the channels discussed below. This will make sure that the whole update process goes smoothly.
- Windows Update – You will auto-receive a notification regarding the KB4541335 cumulative update.
- Standalone Package – If you don’t want to wait, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download and run the standalone package that came along with this release. Just make sure to check your system architecture before downloading the specific .msu file.
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) – This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 19H1 and later
- Classification: Security Updates
Below are the direct links of Windows 10 CAB files that you can download and apply to your system.
- 32-bit (x86) based CAB file for Windows 10 version 1903 & 1909 32 – 194 MB
- 64-bit based CAB file for Windows 10 version 1903 & 1909 32 – 360 MB
- ARM64 based CAB file for Windows 10 version 1903 & 1909 32 – 403 MB