On 10th March, Microsoft releases KB4540673 cumulative update for Windows 10 1900 versions. This Tuesday patch updates Windows 10 19H1 to Build 18362.719 whereas 19H2 to Build 18363.719. As this is a security update, it brings the new patches for different Windows 10 components and services.
KB4540673 resolves an anomaly that leads to Windows 10 Update failure while having third-party assemblies on your computer. Furthermore, it also resolves the Microsoft HoloLens issues that started to come after Build 18362.1056 release. After applying this cumulative update to your PC, you may encounter compatibility issues while running 32-bit applications and processes. Let’s explore its features and fixes in detail –
Recommended – Windows 10 Cumulative updates complete catalog
Improvements and Fixes on KB4540673
The key changes on this cumulative update are as follows –
1. Windows 10 19H2
- Build 18362.719, in general, updates the security of the Windows 10 1903 version. Apart from this, Microsoft doesn’t document any additional issues on this release.
2. Windows 10 19H1
- Works upon an anomaly that restricts Windows 10 users from updating their current OS due to the presence of third-party assemblies on their device.
- Brings security updates for the following –
Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Peripherals, Windows Update Stack, and Windows Server.
Note: Apart from the above fixes, it does resolve the Microsoft HoloLens issues that started to come after Build 18362.1056 release. As per the experts, they will release a separate patch regarding an update to the Windows Update Client. The same will improve the Windows Update reliability on Microsoft HoloLens.
KB4540673 – Known Issues
A new bug appears after downloading and installing this cumulative update on your device.
Bug – After applying KB4540673, if you use Windows Server containers, there may occur compatibility issues while processing 32-bit applications.
Sol – To fix this anomaly, please see Windows container version compatibility.
How to Get this Update
There are three different ways to download and apply this patch update on your Windows 10 device. They are –
Note: Do apply the latest SSU i.e. (KB4541338) before downloading this patch update from any of the channels discussed below. This will make sure that the whole update process goes smoothly.
- Windows Update – You will auto-receive a notification regarding the KB4540673 cumulative update.
- Standalone Package – If you don’t want to wait, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download and run the standalone package that came along with this release. Just make sure to check your system architecture before downloading the specific .msu file.
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) – This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later
- Classification: Security Updates