Windows 10 1607 receives a new non-security cumulative update – KB4537806 on 25th Feb 2020. This monthly patch contains some quality fixes and improvements that we have penned down below in details. The tech giant has improved an issue that was earlier stopping applications from printing using any network printers.
The users will receive a notification regarding the same automatically under the Windows update section. However, in case, you don’t want to wait, download its standalone package visiting Microsoft Update Catalog. All you need is to press the Download button after acknowledging your system architecture. Let’s explore the new features and fixes in details –
Here are the key highlights of fixes and new features that came along with this cumulative update –
- Improves the bug that restricts applications from printing using any network printers.
- Microsoft browsers will no longer bypass the proxy servers.
- No compilation errors while running PowerShell workflows for long hours.
- Works upon Event Forwarding scalability to improve thread safety and increase resources.
- Earlier using Transport Layer Security (TLS) sessions results in error message that reads “The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure Channel”. The company resolved this bug as well.
- No certificate validation error while using IE mode in Microsoft Edge web-browser.
- Works upon an anomaly that causes Online Certificate Status Protocol (OSCP) Responder audit events to occur.
- Fixes database driver issue – MSOLEDBSQL.dll and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) errors.
- No Spell check errors while using RemoteApp.
KB4537806 Known issues
There are two known bugs that re-appear on this cumulative update as well. They are as follows –
- Error 2245 (NERR_PasswordTooShort) – This occurs when you configure the “Minimum Password Length” group policy to use more than 14 characters. If you encounter this bug after updating your Windows 10 1607 version to Build 14393.3542, it is better to set the domain default to use either less or equal to 14 characters.
- “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)” – As per Microsoft, this bug no longer appears in the current build version. However, if you did encounter this issue, report the same to the company using their Feedback system.
How to download and apply KB4537806 patch on your PC
There are three different channels using which you can get a copy for your Windows 10 1607 version. They are as follows –
Note: Before proceeding ahead, make sure to download and install the KB4520724 SSU first.
- Windows Update – You will receive a notification regarding this automatically. Hence, just chill and relax and let the system take care of the update.
- Standalone Package – In case, you want to get your hands on this patch immediately, you should download the KB4537806 .msu file after selecting the specific system architecture.
- Windows Server Update Services – You can import this update into WSUS manually. See the Microsoft Update Catalog for instructions.
Source – Update Catalog