Microsoft releases another cumulative update – KB4534321 and KB4534308 for Windows 10 versions 1809 and 1803 respectively. This non-security patch enhances the 1800 series build numbers to 17763.1012 and 17134.1276. It contains quality improvements and fixes including a few known issues.
KB4534321 solves issues related to apps like – searchindexer.exe, ctfmon.exe, ntdsutil.exe and netdom.exe. Similarly, KB4534308 addresses the error 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION) and issues related to ctfmon.exe, netdom.exe, etc. Users may manually download the 23 Jan 2020 patch visiting the Windows Update under Settings or let Windows do it for them. To view the complete list of recent builds, open Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
KB4534321 and KB4534308 Changelogs
Here are the key features that appear on KB4534321 and KB4534308 cumulative updates –
- The company addresses the issue of Windows Mixed Reality which arises after switching to the new Microsoft edge version.
- Earlier, there occur some bugs which let the System enter into the Windows Out Of Box Experience (OOBE) restart loop. The current build resolves this issue.
- Addresses an anomaly wherein selecting any key simply closes the Touch Keyboard.
- In certain cases, window size becomes small automatically; they have resolved this issue as well.
- Now, Windows 10 1809 users won’t face any trouble while syncing their data across devices.
- KB4534321 works upon the unexpectedly closing of the Settings page as well.
- After upgrading to 17763.1012, there won’t be any auto-changes inside the user-customized order of Start Menu tiles while the layout is locked.
In addition to the above enhancements, KB4534321 resolves issues related to searchindexer.exe, ctfmon.exe, ntdsutil.exe, and netdom.exe. Moreover, it addresses the “0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)” error, and handle leak inside the EnableTraceEx2() function.
- Windows 10 1803 users won’t face any trouble while syncing their data across devices.
- The tech company resolves the bug wherein, there happens memory leak in App-V Streaming Driver (appvstr.sys). This occurs only after enabling the Shared Content Store (SCS) mode.
- The team fixes an issue in which log files become corrupt whenever the storage volume is full. Earlier, data starts to replace whatever written inside the Extensible Storage Engine Technology (ESENT) database.
- They improve the Asian IMEs issue wherein users were not able to create a local user account and rather enter the OOBE phase (retry loop).
KB4534308 addresses the error 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION) and issues related to ctfmon.exe, netdom.exe. Moreover, it modifies the AppConatiner rules, evaluates Windows Ecosystems compatibility status, etc.
There are a few bugs that may occur after installing the recent patches on your device. They are as follows –
KB4534321 and KB4534308
Certain operations like renaming of files and folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail and rather pop-up the following error –
To mitigate this bug, try any one of the following –
If you are using any Asian language packs and upgrade v 1809 to 17763.437, you may receive the following error message –
To solve this, use one of the following –
Note – If the issue persists even after applying above solutions, reset your PC as follows –
Note: Microsoft is currently working on a resolution and may provide the same in an upcoming release.
How to get KB4534321 and KB4534308
Before proceeding further, make sure to install the following Servicing stack updates on your PC –
1. Through Windows Update
You will auto receive the new patch update KB4534321 and KB4534308 on your respective Windows 10 1800 series PCs through Windows Update. Moreover, you may manually download these cumulative updates as well navigating to the following address –
Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
After you reach the above location, press Check for updates option.
2. Through the Update Catalog
3. Via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you configure Products and Classifications as described below, KB4534321 and KB4534308 will auto-synchronize with WSUS.
- Product: Windows 10
- Classification: Security Updates