Microsoft rolls the second cumulative update of this year (2020) for Windows 10 1607 that enhances its build number to 14393.3474. This is a non-security patch that contains quality improvements for IMEs, RDs and addresses several issues and errors. Besides, installing KB4534307 on your device evaluates the compatibility status of the Windows Ecosystems.
This non-security cumulative update addresses the “MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_RESOURCES” error. In addition to this, it improves AppMonitor reliability and fixes the AppContainer Firewall issue as well. A few bugs do appear on this patch as well to which Microsoft provides temporary solutions. There are 3 different channels through which you can download this; you may access this month’s complete release list at Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
KB4534307 – Fixes and Improvements
The key changelogs are as follows –
Improvements on IMEs and RDs
- The company improves the Microsoft Word so as to comply with the Focus Mode while using the Korean IME.
- They resolve the applications stopping unnecessary issues as well on IMEs containing touch keyboard.
- Kb4534307 addresses the Remote Desktop console issue wherein it prevents signing into a new or an existing session. After installing this patch, you won’t experience a long wait at the Welcome Screen. Neither do you receive the error message –
“The task you are trying to do can't be completed because Remote Desktop Services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on.”
Fixes – Errors and Bugs
- Works upon a race condition that prevents running multiple PowerShell scripts simultaneously.
- The team improves the reliability of the Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) AppMonitor.
- Build 14393.3474 resolves an issue due to which Direct Access servers use a large amount of non-paged pool memory (pooltag: NDnd).
- Earlier when guest users sign in or sign out from Windows Server, a bug pops in on the AppContainer firewall. They have addressed this issue as well.
- Kb4534307 fixes the error message –
“MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_RESOURCES”which occurs while using large keys on Ntds.dit.
- Earlier, when there are many lost connections in the connection pool, Open Database Connectivity creates an infinite loop inside the retry logic. The team addresses this issue as well on this cumulative update.
- Works upon a bug that causes several connection values to fail while using Remote Desktop Services.
- Now, even after enabling the Shared Content Store (SCS) mode, there won’t be any memory leak on Application Virtualization (App-V) Streaming Driver (appvstr.sys)
- The operating system will now use a correct number of bytes to perform backups across partitions. Earlier, using an incorrect number makes the existing backups to fail even when there is adequate space.
- Improves the netdom.exe issue and it won’t fail even when an unconstrained delegation is explicitly enabled by adding bitmask 0x800 to the trust object. One requires the bitmask setting because of the security changes to the default behavior of unconstrained delegations in Windows updates released on or after 8 Jul 2019. In addition to this, visit KB4490425 for more information.
- Kb4534307 evaluates the compatibility status of the Windows Ecosystems which, in turn, ensures application and device compatibility against all updates to Windows.
Known issues on KB4534307
This cumulative update consists of a few bugs that are as follow –
The cluster service, in general, fails to start with the following error after installing KB4467684.
This error message appears only if you have used 14 or more characters to configure the “Minimum Password Length” group policy.
To get rid of this bug, you should set the domain default to use lesser than 14 characters.
While carrying out a few operations like renaming of files, Cluster Shared Volume may fail and display the below error code –
It happens only if you don’t log in as an Admin yet perform certain operations on a CSV owner mode.
To mitigate this issue, do one of the following –
Note: The company is currently working on a resolution and will provide the same in an upcoming release.
How to download and apply this update
To download and apply KB4534307 on your Windows 10 1607 device, reach out to the following channels –
Note: Before proceeding ahead, install the latest servicing stack i.e. KB4520724 on your PC. This will ensure the smooth upgrading of the existing operating system to the Build 14393.3474.
Here are the different sources from where you can get and apply the Windows 10 1607 recent version –
|Release Channel||Next Step|
|Windows Update or Microsoft Update||
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
|Microsoft Update Catalog||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||
You can import this update into WSUS manually. See the Microsoft Update Catalog for instructions.
Source – Update Catalog