On the second Patch day of 2020, Windows 10 has received yet another cumulative update KB4532693 that assures to fix some major security issues. This security update increases the version number of Win 10 1909 to 18363.657 and that of Win 10 1903 to 18362.657. With not a single issue, the build is released including a small number of fixes and improvements. Working on all the improvements from Windows 10, version 1903, Microsoft enhances security associated with storing and managing files.
You can either download the KB4532693 update manually or let Windows do it for you. The manual installation is another way that can be used when you fail to get the update. In order to do this, just open Windows Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update. Thereafter, go to the right panel and select Check for updates. To check the complete list of the patch, open Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
General Fixes and Improvements for KB4532693
Here are the new changes comes along with the build 18362.657 & build 18363.657 –
Windows 10, 19H1
The key changes of this security update are –
- The company focuses on an issue that basically occurs when you try to migrate cloud printers during an upgrade.
- Microsoft team advances the installation experience when updating to Windows 10, version 1903.
- Developer team improves the security updates to the following –
Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Server, Windows Management, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Windows Shell.
Windows 10, 19H2
The key changes in these quality improvements are –
- This build includes all the major changes from Windows 10, version 1903.
- For this release, no additional issues were documented.
How to get this update
Before proceeding further, make sure to install the following Servicing stack updates on your PC-
- Windows 10 1903 & 1909 – KB4538674
1. Through Windows Update
You will auto receive the new patch update KB4532693 on your respective Windows 10 version 19H1 through Windows Update. Additionally, you may download the patch update manually as well by visiting the following address –
Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
After that, click on the Check for Updates button.
2. Through the Update Catalog
Download the Standalone Package for Windows 10 version: 1903 & 1909
3. Via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you configure Products and Classifications as described below, KB4532693 will auto-synchronize with WSUS.
- Product: Windows 10
- Classification: Security Updates
Source – Microsoft Update Catalog