On December Patch day, Microsoft unfolds another new cumulative update KB4530715 for Windows 10 1809. This patch is here for version 1809 as quality improvement in order to take the Operating System to Build 17763.914. The major issues on which the company has considered or focused are – Windows basic operation, Windows kernels, and more. Along with Hololens updates, this patch comes with security fixes and minor bug fixes for Windows 10 November 2019 Update, May 2019 Update, and October 2018 Update.
Users are able to download KB4530715 as an MSU file format from the Microsoft update catalog site. Here, you need to upgrade to the latest version by navigating “Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update“. And click on the Check for updates to keep receiving the updates. However, at some point, they’ll be installed by themselves even if you don’t choose to install them. Go to the below section to know about the further update, known issues, and ways to download it.
General Fixes and Improvements on KB4530715
This patch having Build 17763.914 is actually a bug-fixing update that carries no new feature to the OS.
- Windows maker enhances protection when Windows performs basic operations.
- They also improve security when using external devices. For instance – Game controllers and web cameras.
- Furthermore, the company updates an issue in which the Microsoft Store might fail to open on Windows on Arm.
Fixes and Improvements
Here are the key changes –
- The tech giant works on an issue with diagnostic data processing when a device has the Diagnostic data setting enabled and set to Basic.
- Microsoft team focuses on an issue in which the Microsoft Store might fail to open on Windows on Arm.
- They provide the security updates to the following –
- Windows Virtualization
- Windows Kernel
- The Microsoft Scripting Engine
- Windows Peripherals
- Windows Server
Known Issues on this Build Update
To know the bugs that may occur after installing this cumulative update, see the release note below.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft team has rolled out this update straight to the Windows Update client to increase reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates by itself from Windows Update. This feature update will also be offered to the Enterprise and Professional editions. Furthermore, the update process mainly depends upon Windows Update for Business deferral policy and device compatibility. This is not applicable to long-term servicing editions.
How to get this update
Before proceeding further, make sure to install the following Servicing stack updates on your device –
- Windows 10 1809 – KB4523204
1. Through Windows Update
You will auto receive the new patch update KB4530715 on your respective Windows 10 version 19H1 through Windows Update. Additionally, you may download the patch update manually as well by navigating the following path –
- Settings (using Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
After you reach the above path, press the Check for Updates button.
2. Through the Update Catalog
- Download the Standalone Package for Windows 10 version: 1809
3. Via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you configure Products and Classifications as described below, KB4530715 will auto-synchronize with WSUS.
- Product: Windows 10
- Classification: Security Updates