Microsoft rolls the KB4524570 patch update for Windows 10 19H1 that enhances the existing OS to build 18362.476. As described earlier, there won’t be any separate full release of the 1909 operating system. Both 19H1 and 19H2 share common core working principles and set of system files. Hence, one can update the Windows 10 19H1 to Build 18363.476 (1909) after installing a separate cumulative update bearing the same name.
As soon as you install the enablement package that KB4524570 contains, it triggers the dormant features so that they come into effect. From today onward, each Tuesday patch will contain a list of resolved bugs for both 19H1 as well as 19H2 versions. Though, 1909 version will comprise the fixes for 1903; the vice-versa is not true. Let’s explore this cumulative update in detail-
Fixes and Improvements for 19H1 & 19H2
Here, we illustrate the new fixes and enhancements that came along with this release separately for both the 1903 and 1909 versions.
The key changes are as follows-
- The Build 18363.476 includes all the prior improvements that came for Windows 10 19H1.
- As of now, there are no separate issues enlisted on this patch.
Windows 10, version 1903
The key features of this security update “KB4524570” are as follows-
- Resolves the Keyboard Lockdown Subsystem bug that is known for the wrong-filtering of key input.
- The Build 18362.476 brings new attributes that protect your PC against the Intel® Processor Machine Check Error vulnerability (CVE-2018-12207). Moreover, you may use registry tweaks as mentioned in the Guidance KB article.
- Apart from above, KB4524570 shields your Windows 10 device from the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) Transaction Asynchronous Abort vulnerability (CVE-2019-11135) as well. Click either Windows Client or Windows Server posts to get the full description on how to use registry settings correctly.
- In addition to the above fixes, this patch includes security updates for the following-
- Microsoft Scripting Engine
- Windows App Platform and Frameworks
- Windows Fundamentals
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows Cryptography
- Windows Virtualization
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Linux
- Microsoft JET Database Engine
- Windows Kernel
- Windows Datacenter Networking
Known issues in this update
|Applies to OS||Symptom||Workaround|
1. Windows 10 19H1
2. Windows 10 19H2
While setting up a new Windows device during Out of Box experience, one can’t be able to create a local user using the Input Method Editor. This anomaly arises primarily if you are using IMEs like- Chinese, Korean or Japanese languages.
Note: This doesn’t affect your personal Microsoft account while setting up a new device during OOBE.
To resolve this issue, you should try either of these two options to finish OOBE-
Once your PC is ready for usage, you could turn back on your local language.
Microsoft team is currently working on a resolution and will provide an update in a future release.
How to get this update
Before proceeding further, make sure to install the following Servicing stack updates on your PC-
- Windows 10 1903 & 1909 – KB4524569
1. Through Windows Update
You will auto receive the new patch update KB4524570 on your respective Windows 10 version 19H1 through Windows Update. Additionally, you may download the patch update manually as well by visiting the following address-
Settings (Win+I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
After you reach the above path, press the Check for Updates button.
2. Through the Update Catalog
Download the Standalone Package for Windows 10 version: 1903 & 1909
3. Via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you configure Products and Classifications as described below, KB4524570 will auto-synchronize with WSUS.
- Product: Windows 10
- Classification: Security Updates