On 8th October 2019, Microsoft releases a new cumulative update KB4517389 for Windows 10 1903 which takes the existing OS to build 14393.3274. In this security patch, the company basically focused on the updates for Microsoft HoloLens. It’s the second Tuesday of October and this patch sees the beginning of the end of the support of e-books that use the .epub file extension over the next several months. In this tutorial, they work upon several fixes and improvements like Internet Explorer, Edge, the print issue that caused print jobs to fail, and other core features.
Users can get KB4517389 by checking for updates on Windows Update. They can also install the patch by downloading offline installers. In this guide, we will explain the fixes and improvements released where Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
KB4517389 – Fixes and Improvements
Here, we depict the key features that came along with the KB4517389 security update-
- With build 18362.418, Microsoft increases the overall CPU utilization as well as connection latency. Earlier, there was a bug in security bulletin CVE-2019-1318 that obstructs client or server computers from supporting Extended Master Secret (EMS) RFC 7627. This inconsistency becomes active primarily when one performs a full Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshake from devices that don’t support EMS, especially on servers. Since 2015, the company has allowed EMS assistance through all the supported Windows 10 versions. Apart from this, the team may extend this effectively after installing Oct 8, 19H2 or further patch updates.
- Rolls security updates for the following-
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Scripting Engine
- Internet Information Services
- Windows Kernel
- Windows Shell
- Microsoft JET Database Engine
- Windows Authentication
- Windows Cryptography
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Storage and Filesystems
- Windows App Platform and Frameworks
KB4517389 – Known Issues
The company is not currently aware of any issues with this Patch Update.
How to get this Update
We suggest you download the KB4521863 servicing stack update before proceeding to install KB4517389. This ensures no bug appears during the whole update process. You may get this patch update through following ways-
1. Windows Update
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and tap “Check for Updates” button.
2. Microsoft Update Catalog
Click here to download the standalone package.