Microsoft introduces the KB4512495 patch that contains non-security updates within a few days of launching KB4512517 for Windows 10 1607. This upgrades the existing OS to build 14393.3181. Moreover, the team addresses several issues like domain certification, spaceport.sys, File explorer crashing, network failure error and others.
In addition to the above fixes, they resolve the issue “devices using PXE images from WDS or SCCM to fail” as well. Furthermore, they added new TTL values for the members of Shadow principles having distinguished names. Here, in this guide, we depict the general enhancements and known issues that appear after installing KB4512495. Let’s explore its key aspects in detail-
General Fixes and Improvements on KB4512495
Here are the salient features that came along with the KB4512495 non-security update-
- Resolves a bug that occurs while downloading digital rights management files on IE or Edge.
- Earlier the windows push notification platform connection provider results in File Explorer crashing issue. The experts have addressed this problem on Build 14393.3181.
- They work upon the domain certificate sudden stoppage trouble. This bug arises when users set up their domain using a VPN or a live account using the anywhere access wizard. The error message that users encounter is as follow-
"Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this communication was closed". After more connection attempts, the following error appears, "Link to VPN connection failed. Reconnecting pending ..."
- Resolves a bug that let spaceport.sys from stop working on a 0x9E error.
- Build 14393.3181 resolves the issue that prevents App-V apps from starting. This rather displays a network failure error. You may face such issues only when your PC’s battery is low or encounters a sudden power failure.
- KB4512495 introduces the enclosure awareness for a scenario that lacks Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) attributes.
- The Company resolves an issue that restricts users from getting a TTL value. This happens even in cases where they are added as members of Shadow Principals. Only those users who are having the distinguished names (DN) containing an escape character may face such error. As per the Experts, they have already added new TTL values.
- Further, they address an issue that causes domain trust to break. This happens only when the Recycle Bin has configured on the same domain carrying the trust.
- Resolves an anomaly of devices that use PXE images from WDS or SCCM simply fail and display the following error message-
- “Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed”
- Lastly, KB4512495 resolves an issue due to which the following stop responding-
1. Applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6). 2. Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). 3. Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
Windows 10 1607 users may receive an “Invalid procedure call” error as well.
KB4512495 Known Issues
Here are the known issues that you must acknowledge before installing this cumulative update-
If the “Minimum Password Length” group policy is set to use more than 14 characters, the cluster services may fail on the following error after installing KB4467684–
To fix this trouble, you should re-configure this policy to use less or equal to 14 characters.
The Company is working on a resolution and may bring the same on an upcoming release.
A few operations like renaming of files and folders may fail rather display the following error message-
This bug is specific to Custom Shared Volume files or folders. It arises primarily when you use a non-admin account to carry out operations on a CSV owner node.
To fix this, perform any of these two options-
The apps or scripts that use WinNTprovider or NetQueryDisplayInformation API may subject to fail after loading the first few pages containing 50 to 100 entries. Trying to open additional pages may result in the following error-
“1359: an internal error occurred”
|They are currently working on a resolution to this bug check and may provide a solution in an upcoming release.|
How to get this cumulative Update
Before downloading this non-security update, do run the current SSU on your PC. This, in turn, will make sure that this process remains smooth and error-free. The latest servicing stack for this patch is KB4509091.
By default, you will receive a notification regarding this patch update through the Windows Update section. However, you can download its standalone package manually as well by clicking here.
Alternatively, navigate to the following path Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and hit Check for updates option.
Source – Microsoft Update Catalog