Microsoft rolls KB4512494 cumulative update for Windows 10 1709 users which in turn advances existing OS to build 16299.1365. This is a non-security update that aims at addressing several underlying issues. In this context, the company also mentions a known issue, Error code – STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5).
The Company resolves issues related to Applications-V apps, “Invalid procedure call” error, downloading DRM files, etc. They work upon an issue that stops several apps and scripts from responding. Further, it contains remarkable fixes and enhancements. Let’s explore this in somewhat more detail-
General Improvements and Fixes on KB4512494
Here are the key features that came along with this patch update-
- The company rectifies the downloading DRM files issue from websites while being on Explorer or Edge web-browsers.
- Microsoft team reset the default keyboard for the English (Cyprus) (en-CY). Earlier, its locale was not set properly.
- App-V apps may open as usual. Now, it won’t display the network failure issues anymore. Prior to the Build 16299.1365, this trouble pops up when your System’s battery is low or there is a sudden power failure.
- KB4512494 resolves a rare issue that causes Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) to temporarily restricts other processes from accessing files.
- Works upon an issue that restricts a user from deleting a network in some specific scenarios.
- The company works upon an issue that may restrict devices from starting. Build 16299.1365 works upon this bug while startup using Preboot Execution Environment images from Windows Deployment Services or System Center Configuration Manager. The error displays the following message-
"Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed."
- KB4512494 resolves an issue due to which the following stop responding-
1. Applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6). 2. Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). 3. Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
Addition to these fixes, Windows 1709 may also receive an “Invalid procedure call” error as well.
KB4512494 Known Issues
|Performing certain operations like renaming of files or folders may result in an error message. The error message reads – “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. Only those files which are on cluster shared volume get affected due to this bug.||
This can create troubles if you perform the operations on a CSV owner node with the help of a Non-admin account. To solve this problem, you should follow either of these two options-
How to get this cumulative update
Before going ahead, do download and install the latest SSU i.e. KB4509093 on your PC. Doing so improves the reliability of the whole update process.
You will receive a push notification regarding this cumulative update on your System. However, if you want, you may download the same manually as well. All you require is to navigate to the following address-
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
Alternatively, you can download the standalone package through the Update Catalog as well.
Source – Microsoft Update Catalog