Microsoft rolls KB4512474 cumulative update for Windows 10 1703 users which in turn advances existing OS to build 15063.2021. This is a non-security update that aims at addressing several underlying issues. You may visit the KB4512507 patch update to see the security concerns.
The Company resolves issues related to Applications-V apps, spaceport, downloading DRM files, etc. They work upon an issue that stops several apps and scripts from responding. Further, it contains remarkable fixes and enhancements. Let’s explore this in somewhat more detail-
General Improvements and Fixes on KB4512474
Here are the key features that came along with this patch update-
- KB4512474 addresses an issue that results in spaceport.sys to fail on a 0x9E error.
- The team resolved the downloading DRM files issue from websites while being on Explorer or Edge web-browsers.
- Reset the default keyboard for the English (Cyprus) (en-CY). Earlier, its locale was not set properly.
- App-V apps may open as usual and won’t display the network failure issues anymore. Prior to the Build 15063.2021, this trouble pops up when your System’s battery is low or there is a sudden power failure.
- Works upon an anomaly that may cause the following to stop responding-
- Applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
- Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
KB4512474 Known Issues
Issue #1: Performing certain operations like renaming of files or folders may result in an error message. The error message reads – “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. Only those files which are on cluster shared volume get affected due to this bug.
Sol– The above trouble arises only if you perform the above operations on a CSV owner node using a Non-admin account. To solve this problem, you should follow either of these two options-
- Prior to carrying out such functions, get the administrative privileges first.
- Perform rename like operation on a node that doesn’t have the CSV ownership.
How to get this cumulative update
Before going ahead, do download and install the latest SSU i.e. KB4509092 on your PC. Doing so improves the reliability of the whole update process.
You will receive a push notification regarding this cumulative update on your System. However, if you want, you may download the same manually as well. All you require is to navigate to the following address-
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
Alternatively, you can download the standalone package from here as well.
Source – Microsoft Update Catalog