Today, Microsoft rolls out another new cumulative update i.e. KB4505055 for Windows 10 1703 users which enhances the current OS to Build 15063.1808. However, no new feature has been included in this operating system; it does contain some valued fixes and advancements.
The patch KB4505055 addresses one major bug that earlier restricts using gov.uk websites which don’t support HSTS. Hereabouts, we have described the salient features in addition to known issues that arrived with this update.
KB4505055 – Key changes and Fixes
The key features of this cumulative update are as follow-
- They work upon addressing the access to gov.uk websites while surfing on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. Commonly, this type of error occurs when websites don’t support HSTS- a strict transport security feature by HTTP.
Known bugs on this update
When you execute a particular operation like – renaming of files on Cluster Shared Volume, it causes generating an error message. By default this issue arises, when you use a non-admin account to take action on a CSV owner mode. You will receive the following error-
Sol– You may fix this issue by choosing either of the two ways given below-
- Carry out these functions using an Administrator account.
- Execute such operations using a node that doesn’t require CSV ownership.
The company is currently working on a permanent solution to this and will bring the same in an upcoming cumulative update.
Download and Install this update on your System
Before going ahead, download and install the newest SSU i.e. (KB4500640) on your device to ensure no error messages pop up while updating the process. However, the company offers this update to get installed automatically on your device. Furthermore, you can avail of that even by visiting the Windows Update section. If you don’t get the servicing stack update automatically, locate the Standalone package.
In case, you don’t receive any such messages, you can download KB4505055 manually as well. Here are the steps to follow-
- At first, press Win+I hotkey to launch the Settings page.
- After that, select the Update & Security category.
- Now, choose Windows Update on the left column, then hit Check for Updates button on the right pane of the same page.
- Next, the files will start downloading. Wait till it finishes thereafter install the same.
Note- If there is a green tick against this button, there are no new updates available to download. This also turns green if you already installed the latest patch on your System.
Get the standalone package of the KB4505055 cumulative update.