Microsoft unveils the KB4503291 patch update for Initial Windows 10 version, July 2015 and updates the same to Build 10240.18244. This cumulative update comprises security updates for Microsoft Edge, JET Database Engine and others. Moreover, they also unfold a simple way to solve the connections issue between Windows and in-secured Bluetooth devices.
In addition to the above attributes, KB4503291 also updates Time Zone information of Morocco and the Palestinian territories. There lies a known issue as well on which Microsoft experts are currently working. For the time being, they have provided two temporary solutions to avoid such error message. Let’s explore this release in more detail-
KB4503291- Improvements and fixes on windows 10 1703
The key changes that came along with this cumulative update are as follow-
- The team addresses the date separator bug on the Japanese Era Calendar. This will start working effectively after updating to Build 10240.18244.
- Time zone Information is updated for both i.e. Morocco and the Palestinian territories.
- Works upon the HTTP and HTTPS string character limit for URLs issue. This bug appears while browsing on Internet Explorer.
- Resolves a security vulnerability issue between Windows 10 and Bluetooth devices. They intentionally prevent connections between above twos if the later contains some well-known keys to encrypt connections. If you open BTHUSB Event 22 in the Event Viewer and this displays “Your Bluetooth device attempted to establish a debug connection…”, there is a System breach. In such cases, you should contact the manufacturer and ask for a device update if there is any available. To know more, have a look at KB4507623.
- Brings Security Updates for following-
Windows App Platform and Frameworks
Windows Input and Composition
Windows SQL components
Windows Datacenter Networking
Windows Storage and Filesystems
Internet Information Services
Microsoft JET Database Engine
KB4503291- Known Issues
Here is the one issue that appears on Windows 10 Initial version after upgrading to KB4503291 cumulative update-
While performing certain operations like- renaming of files or folders which are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may not work and rather fail to display following error message-
This bug primarily arises only if you try to accomplish operations on a CSV owner mode using a process that lacks Administrative privileges.
To solve this Error, you should do the following-
The Company is currently working on a permanent solution to this bug. They may release the same in an upcoming release.
How to get KB4503291 update
You should first install the latest SSU before applying the current cumulative update on Windows 10 Initial version July 2015. The latest service stack update for this version is (KB4498353) which you will auto-receive on your PC. Performing this makes sure that everything goes as planned while upgrading the process.
You can get this patch update manually as well just by following these easy steps-
- Jointly press Win+I shortcut keys to begin the Settings app.
- Here, select Update & Security option.
- On the next window, choose Windows Update from the left pane.
- Thereafter, move to the right side and tap Check for updates button.
Alternatively, you can manually download its .msi file.
Source – Update Catalog