Microsoft rolls out a new cumulative update KB4503289 for Windows 10 version 1703 and updates the same to Build 15063.1897. This patch update attempts to solve several issues like – Microsoft Surface Hub 2S, Non-Volatile Memory (NVMe) driver, Internet Explorer 11 and others. Besides this, it also includes a set of fixes that make your current OS a bit more smooth and powerful.
Here, we elucidate the general improvements and changes that appear on the KB4503289 cumulative update. Furthermore, there is one known issue with this patch as well – Error 0xC00000A5. Let’s explore them in more detail-
KB4503289 – Improvements and fixes
- They work upon an issue that obstructs the OS from loading new icon files. It occurs when they encounter an icon file that has a bad format.
- Addresses an arising problem that prevents Microsoft Edge from opening appropriately in certain scenarios when you select a link within an application.
- KB4503289 works upon on another problem that restricts the Calculator application form following the Gannen setting when it is turned on. For more information, you may check KB4469068.
- The company focuses on log collection for Microsoft Surface Hub 2S.
- Tech fellowship work upon an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Points out an issue that obstructs a user from signing in to a Microsoft Surface Hub device with an Azure Active Directory account. This problem results because an earlier session did not finish successfully.
- They also add support for a customer configurable safe list. This is for ActiveX controls while utilizing Windows Defender Application Control.
- Tech fellowship addresses an issue with using the Data Protection Application Programming Interface NG (DPAPI-NG) or a group-protected Personal Information Exchange Format (PFX) file. Data you defended using one of these mechanisms on Windows 10, version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 or earlier cannot be decrypted using Windows 10, version 1703 or later.
- KB4503289 works upon an issue that transfers all input and output to the Non-Volatile Memory (NVMe) driver. It results in the system to stop working.
- The team resolves an issue that causes Disk Management and DiskPart to prevent replying when manifesting some removable disks to Windows.
Some Other fixes
- Makes Disables Microsoft Visual Basic Script (VBScript) by default on the Internet and Obstructed sites zones in Internet Explorer and the web browser control.
- Works upon with programmatic scrolling in Internet Explorer 11.
- Points out an issue that may display the error, “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.”. It happens when you seek to increase, view or create Custom Views in Event Viewer. Besides, the application may stop responding or close. Additionally, You may also encounter similar glitch when using Filter Current Log in the Action menu with built-in views or logs.
After installing KB4503289 patch, certain functions like renaming files and folders may fail and hence displays the following error message-
This results in particularly if you perform some operations on a Cluster Shared Volume or use a non-Admin account to execute such functions on a CSV owner node.
To address this, perform the following-
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to get KB4503289 update
At first, make sure to download and install the current SSU i.e. (KB4500640) before going to apply this patch update on Windows 10 1703. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the whole upgrading process.
After you apply the above service stack update, do the following to download the latest cumulative update-
- Press Win+I hotkey together to invoke the Settings app.
- Here, select Update & Security option.
- On the next window, choose Windows Update on the left pane.
- Henceforth, move to the right side and tap Check for updates button.
Alternatively, you can manually download its .msi file as well by clicking Microsoft Update Catalog.