Microsoft unveils KB4503279 for Windows 10 1703 users and updates it to Build 15063.1868. With this new Patch Tuesday cumulative update, the company carries a few security updates for Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Services and more. Furthermore, they also reveal a simple approach to solve the connections issue between Windows and not secured Bluetooth devices.
We recommend you to Keep your OS updated to grab the benefits like- smooth functions, good speed, and security patches as well. That’s why it is an essential task to download and install KB4503279 on your system. Along with these improvements, there also a known issue which is available in this patch update. Today, in this article, we explain an easy approach to incorporate these features and revive your system functions.
KB4503279- Improvements and fixes on windows 10 1703
Here, we depict the general improvements and fixes that came along with KB4503293 cumulative update. The key changes are as follow-
- The team works upon the security vulnerability issue that earlier inhibits the connections between Windows and Bluetooth devices. This occurs only for those devices which are not safeguarded and uses well-known keys to encrypt connections, incorporating security fobs. If BTHUSB Event 22 in the Event Viewer demonstrates an error report – “Your Bluetooth device attempted to establish a debug connection…”, this just symbolizes that now your System gets affected. In that case, you must contact the Bluetooth device manufacturer asking for the device update.
- KB4503279 brings security updates to several Windows and Microsoft Components such as – Internet Explorer, Windows SQL, Internet Information Services, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Microsoft Scripting Engine, etc. Some other devices that get patch updates are – Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Virtualization, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Shell, Windows Media, Windows Server, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, etc.
- Works upon an issue that may restrict Internet Explorer 11 from opening. Basically, it occurs if the Default Search Provider is not set or is distorted.
KB4503279- Known Issues
|After installing KB4503279 patch, certain functions like renaming files and folders may fail and hence displays the following error message-
This occurs only if you perform some operations on a Cluster Shared Volume or use a non-Admin account to implement such functions on a CSV owner node.
To address this, perform the following-
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to get KB4503279 update
At first, make sure to download and install the current SSU i.e. (KB4500640) before going to apply this patch update on Windows 10 1703. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the whole upgrading process.
After you apply the above service stack update, do the following to download the latest cumulative update-
- Press Win+I hotkey together to invoke Settings app.
- Here, select Update & Security option.
- On the next window, choose Windows Update on the left pane.
- Henceforth, move to the right side and tap Check for updates button.
Alternatively, you can manually download its .msi file as well by clicking here.
Source – Update Catalog