On 25th April, Microsoft brings cumulative update KB4498375 for initial versions of Windows 10. This will upgrade the existing operating system to Build 10240.18187. They have brought some quality changes and features with this release for Japanese Era such as- IME, additional fonts, NLS registry etc.
If you are using the initial version of Windows 10, you should definitely download and install KB4498375 on your System. This comprises of one bug too, however the Microsoft team has already provided its solution. Here, in this article, we will explore the key changes along with the known issues.
Improvements and fixes
The key changes that come with this release are-
- Fixes the bug which doesn’t allow input editor method (IME) to support new Japanese Era.
- Updates the NLS registry so that it can now assist the above era.
- Brings additional fonts along with updating the existing fonts to brace Japanese Era.
- Resolves an error in which DateTimePicker displays incorrect date on while using Japanese Calendar format.
- Addresses the issue that let Date and Time Settings to store old cache and thus display wrong day corresponding to a particular date.
Issue#1: Some functions like renaming of files or folders on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) might fail on a peculiar error.
The above error may also appear when you use non- administrative account to rename operations on a CSV owner node.
Sol– You can perform any of the two methods to fix this issue-
- Execute the operation using a process that has administrator privilege.
- Carry out the operation using a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership.
Microsoft is currently working on a resolution, and may bring an update in its upcoming release.
How to get this update
If you are here, you must want to install KB4498375 on your System. However, you should first install the latest SSU i.e. KB4093430 on your PC to ensure the whole update process runs perfectly.
You will receive a notification about this new release on your PC. You can download this file manually as well following below steps-
Step-1: Press Win+I hotkey together to open Settings.
Step-2: Henceforth select Update & Security followed by Windows Update.
Step-3: Here, tap Check for updates option on the right pane.
That’s it, download the setup and later install this build on your System.
You can have the Standalone Package of this update directly from Microsoft Update Catalog.
Source – Update Catalogue