Microsoft rolls KB4497934 patch update before finally entering into the era of Windows 10 19H1. This cumulative update attempts to solve several pending threads such as- Azure Active directory, Remote Desktop session, ActiveX and others. Moreover, it contains a series of advancements that make your OS a bit smoother and effective.
Here, we depict the general enhancements and fixes that came along with this release. In addition to this, there are some known issues as well which are of re-occurring nature. Though, you will be offered KB4497934 automatically, you can manually download the same from Windows update section or Microsoft Update catalogue.
KB4497934 – Improvements and fixes
The key changes that came along with this patch update are as follow-
- Permits users going back to a host browser through Windows Defender Application Guard container.
- Resolves a bug that creates loop redirects b/w Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates wininet.dll which in turn restricts the re-creation of FTP control sessions.
- Works upon an issue that earlier hide annotations like- comments, highlights, and inked notes while working in a PDF file on Edge Web-browser.
- Addresses a bug which is responsible for removing UserRights policies from all users on a Security group. This occurs only when you use mobile device management to delete a device or else Microsoft Intune removes a UserRights policy.
- KB4497934 addresses an anomaly in which if you lock Remote desktop session using a mediator credential provider, it disconnects the session as well.
- Earlier when you change user account password; it generates an error while working on hybrid Azure active directory joined systems. This bug pops-up a prompt for password on Microsoft Office or similar apps. Microsoft experts have addressed this issue for now.
- Resolves an issue which stops ActiveX controls and hence, it won’t install itself through a proxy server.
- Work upon a bug which restricts Azure Active directory account user from signing into a Microsoft Surface Hub device. This trouble arises as the previous sign-out won’t occur successfully.
- Users can now login using an empty or null password even if Windows Defender Guard stays enabled. This is possible because KB4497934 addressed the “Incorrect Username or password” error message.
- This cumulative update also works upon an issue that may result into a temporary KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED Kerberos sign-in failure. This happened only in applications and services which are configured to use a Group Managed Service Account i.e. GMSA.
- Resolves an anomaly which restricts BitLocker encrypting data drives only if the following Group Policy is configured.
"Enforce drive encryption on fixed data drives"
- Addresses a bug that doesn’t remember the local user last logon when he accessed the server’s network share.
- Updates time zone information for Morocco and Palestinian Authority.
- Improves new Japanese Era by updating its time zone so that “
International Components for Unicode (ICU) data"issue won’t re-occur.
Some Other Fixes
- Users can now delete language features as well if they have already uninstalled a specific language.
- Works upon an issue which starts rendering so that <svg> elements stop working.
- Resolves an error with scrollLeft whileworking on Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an anomaly in which the event 7600 on Domain Name System server contains a server name which is quite unreadable.
- Earlier while working on Remote Assistance session, an issue pops-up in which the NumLock stops working effectively. This occurs only if the session window loses or gains focus. Microsoft team has already addresses this trouble.
- Users can now download updates from a Windows Server Update Services server even when the Windows defender policy is set to manage “
updates can be deployed“.
- Resolves a bug that causes a server to stop automatically while accepting SMB connections. This occurred earlier when the File Share Witness doesn’t remove Server Message Block i.e. SMB handles.
- Improves an issue that tries to renew Azure active directory on its own when there is no net connection. This trouble occurs during AAD authentication and in the process, it does slow different apps performance.
- KB4497934 permits Generation 2 virtual machine to start on a Windows server 2019 Hyper-V host. Now the event log displays following message on its Event ID 18560-
“VM name was reset because an unrecoverable error occurred on a virtual processor that caused a triple fault.”
- Resolves a bug on Assigned Access deployments (formerly Kiosk Mode) which may prevent a user from logging on to an Assigned Access profile. This, in general, affects all locales and happens if the local Admin’s group is not named in English characters i.e. “Administrators”. Event 31000 displays the following source & error message on its event viewer-
Error Message- “The group used to assign the application can’t be found.”
Known issues in this update
There are no new issues on this patch-release. It contains only those bugs which are re-occurring from the last three cumulative updates. The issues which are still under investigation by Microsoft experts are-
|You may confront an issue while attempting to print using Edge or any other Universal Windows Platform i.e. UWP apps. The error message is as follow-
||Sol– To avoid such errors, you should use any other web-browser like- Mozilla Firefox to print any documents.
The Company is currently investigating this and will provide the same in future updates.
|After installing KB4497934 patch-up, certain operations like renaming of files or folders may subject to fail and hence displays the following error code.
This occurs only if you perform such operations on a Cluster Shared Volume i.e. CSV. This can also happen if one uses non-Admin account to perform these functions on a CSV owner node.
|Sol– To avoid similar errors, you should use Mozilla Firefox for time being to print your documents.
The Company is working on a resolution to this and will provide the same in future updates.
Issues that do have a temporary solution-
|After downloading KB4493509, some of the devices comprising the Asian language pack may obtain the following bug-
||If you experience such error messages, you must take following actions-
In case, you don’t recover from this trouble even after reinstalling the language pack; you should apply these steps on your System-
|You may find trouble while trying Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) after KB4497934 installation to start a device from a WDS server which is designed to use Variable Window Extension. By default, this prematurely terminates any WDS server which attempts to download the images. If you are not using a Variable Windows Extension, you may not receive any bugs similar to this.||There are 3 different ways that can temporarily fix this bug and they are-
Open Command prompt as Admin then type the following and hit Enter key to execute the same.
Wdsutil /Set-TransportServer /EnableTftpVariableWindowExtension:No
Option 2: Use the Windows Deployment Services UI.
Option 3: Navigate to below registry key and put “0” in its value field.
Restart the WDS-Server service after disabling the Variable Window Extension.
How to get KB4497934 update
Before proceeding to install KB4497934, make sure to introduce SSU (KB4499728) on your System. This in turn make sure that everything goes as supposed to be.
Henceforth, navigate to following path-
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and tap Check for updates option.
if you want to download this cumulative update directly, have a visit at Microsoft Update Catalog website.