KB4476976 cumulative update has been rolled out by Microsoft on 22 Jan 2019. This Tuesday path will now upgrade Windows 1809 to Build 17763.292. This update is supposed to fix a slew of known issues on the current version of the operating system. This release has introduced some quality improvements. However, there are no new features related to the OS are being brought in this update.
KB4476976 now jumps to the Build 17763.292. This Build will fix different known problems as Microsoft Edge stuck on a few video drivers, Audio playback and Compatibility of AMD processors. The networking issue, Remote Desktop and File Explorer issues are likely to end with this update.
Improvements introduced in Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.292
Microsoft has released the update features for Windows 10 version 1803, 1709 and 1703 last Tuesday. On 22 Jan’2019, KB4476976 comes into effect for Windows 10 version 1809. This will enhance the build to 17763.292. The improvements introduced in this update are as follow-
- Fixes the problem which forced shutdowns the Microsoft Edge on few display drivers.
- Addresses the AMD R600 and R700 display chipsets compatibility issues.
- The issue with the Rendering of End user-defined characters i.e. EUDC on Microsoft Edge is now resolved.
- Addresses the trouble which led File explorer to crash.
- Fixes an issue which might let applications to lose IPv4 connectivity when IPv6 is uncovered.
- Addresses the problem which might cause promotions of non-root domains to fail.
- Fixes the issue which creates nuisance while third party apps try to authenticate hotspots.
- Rectifies the two-way audio-related concern whenever you talk to call someone using Bluetooth Headsets.
- Addresses the issue which lets some symbols appear in the square box during the text control.
- Fixes the problem which allows users to uninstall applications directly from the Start button even this feature is disabled on Group Policy.
- Resolves the trouble related to the date format on the Japanese era calendar.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from installing a Local Experience Pack from the Microsoft Store when that language is already set as the active Windows display language.
- Solves the audio compatibility issue while playing new games using 3D spatial Audio mode enabled through Windows Sonic for Headphones or Multichannel Audio Devices.
- Addresses an issue that occurs only in case if you have created a page file on the drive with FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE characteristics.
- Fixes a problem that causes Remote Desktop Services to stop accepting connections after accepting several connections.
- Earlier an issue prompt to occur during the restart of the Machine while VMConnect is attached to your PC. This was the presence of the Hyper V VM for the selection of OS at the bootloader section. With this release, this issue dies out.
- Fixes the issue which causes the connectivity issue on Guest virtual Machine in Windows Server 2019. This problem pops up only when the applications inject the low resource flag on the packets.
Known issues in this update
|Applications that use the Microsoft Jet database along with the Microsoft Access 97 file format might start to fail. This occurs only if the database consists of more than 32 characters as its column names. Thus database simply displays the error message “Unrecognized Database Format”.||
Try these sequential solutions-
Solution 1: Make sure the database contains all column names less than or equal to 32 characters.
Solution 2: Change the file format of the database to .accdb. For this, you should change the connection string too after conversion.
The same can be applied using Microsoft Access 2010 or later.
Solution 3: Convert the database to a newer .mdb file format.
Note: This doesn’t require a change to the Connection string.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and the same will be available by early February.
|After the installation of KB4480116, some users have found that they are no longer able to access Microsoft Edge using their local IP address. Sometimes the browsing gets even stuck and unresponsive.||
To solve this bug, you can try these steps on your system-
As per Microsoft, this will solve the issue. If not, wait for the next release.
How to download January 22 update
Read this carefully before installing the update –
You have to apply the latest SSU on your computer before going for the installation of the LCU. LCU stands for the latest cumulative update whereas SSU for Servicing Stack update. SSUs are basically there to improve the reliability of the LCUs update so that everything goes as planned by Microsoft in addition to applying the security fixes. To get more information, see Servicing stack updates.
To get more details about the Stand-alone package of the current SSU as per your LCU, have a look at the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Here is How to download KB4476976 for Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.292 –
This update will be available on your system soon. However, if you wish, you can force download this update. The procedure is plain and quite simple. Just follow these steps:
At first, navigate to the following path to download and install the knowledge base for your system.
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
You can click on the direct link below to download this file as per your system architect.