Microsoft is ready to roll semi-annual update i.e. Windows 10 19H2 in the month of November. This release will bring a comparatively few new attributes and changes. But, these are quality enhancements developed to make the PCs operations smooth and effective. Windows 10 19H1 users will get a notification regarding “install Windows 10 November 2019” through a cumulative update. Users who hadn’t install Windows 10 1903 have to fresh install 1909 update. It is recommended is to clean install the system before proceeding to the clean installation of this 2019 spring update using a bootable media.
The in-place upgrade using Windows update is known to arise some unwanted installation issues. The pre-installed drivers may even become incompatible after installing Windows 10 November 2019. In such cases, you have no other option except to uninstall the 19H2 release. So, clean installation via the Media Creation tool is always the best way to minimize such bugs.
Different ways to Install Windows 10 November 2019 Update
Here, we illustrate two different ways to install Windows 10 19H2 on your PC-
1} Using the Settings app
Upgrading the system to Windows 10 19H2 is quite simple just like any monthly cumulative updates. But as this will be slightly larger (in size) than normal patches, hence, make sure you have enough data to download the same. Here are the necessary steps-
Step-1: Jointly press Win and I hotkey to launch the Settings window.
Step-2: Next, select the Update & Security category and switch to the right pane.
Step-3: Here, look for any pending available updates.
Step-4: This will download and install the November 2019 update by-default. You need to Restart your PC at the end.
Step-5: You may now enjoy all-new features of Windows 10 19H2.
2} Via Media Creation Tool
In certain scenarios, you may not want to install Windows 10 November 2019 as a patch update. If that’s the case, here we depict steps to execute this task using a USB bootable drive that comprising Media Creation Tool. If you don’t have a USB bootable file, download its setup file manually using the below guideline-
Warning: Create a full backup of your entire system so as to prevent data loss.
- At first, insert the bootable media to its respective port and Restart your computer.
- When the Windows starts, press any key to begin the process thereafter Next button.
- On the succeeding screen, select Install now in the Windows Setup page.
- In case the Windows 10 November 2019 update is already installed on your system, hit the Skip button.
- Now mark the I accept the license terms checkbox then Next to proceed further.
- Henceforth, select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) feature option.
- Here, select drive partition (usually Driver 0) and hit Delete to clear all the files on this drive.
- Subsequently, reallocate the partition adjusting the space of HDD to keep reserved for the Windows processes.
- Going ahead tap the Next option and wait till the installation of 19H2 completes.
Out-of-the-box experience (OOBE) screen
After you complete the above procedure, the first screen that pops in is out-of-the-box experience (OOBE).
- Here, select the region followed by the Yes button.
- Thereupon, choose your specific keyboard layout and hit Yes again to move ahead. This step is optional; if you do not want to set the keyboard layout, just press the Skip button.
- The next thing you require is a proper internet connection. Hence, make sure that you are having sufficient data.
- Here, pick the Set up for personal use option thereafter Next.
- On succeeding screen, put your Microsoft account email, phone, or Skype identification then Next again to verify the ID.
- You need to create a PIN and set a password as well.
- Moreover, if you want to use a timeline across the system press the Yes option.
- The subsequent page will ask you to link your phone to the system, just click Do it later button.
- Next, accept OneDrive, office 365, and Cortana privacy settings.
- Once you finish the above steps successfully, the November 2019 update will be ready for installation on your system.
Note: To get Windows 10 19H2 pre-release, you should install the Insider program.