Have you recently installed Windows 10 19H2 on your device which doesn’t support the new changes? If yes, try to fix the installation issue of the October 2019 update. In case, you still fail to diagnose the problem, it would be better to roll back to the prior Windows updates. Today, in this blog, we elaborate different workarounds to uninstall the Windows 10 version 1909 Update without damaging any system files.
Windows 10 version 1909 comes with lots of new changes and enhancements with its compatible devices. Unlike Windows 10 May 2019 Update, this version too has some minimum system requirements. If your system doesn’t meet these criteria, it starts generating compatibility issues. If that’s the case, you have no other option than reverting back to the earlier installation.
Warning: Before switching back to the previous update, make sure to create a full backup of Window’s files. This may help to repair the damaged files if anything goes wrong during a System Restore.
How to uninstall Windows 10 version 1909 Update
Here, we explain different ways to uninstall Windows 10 October 2019 update on your PC.
1} Uninstall Windows 10 19H2 for May 2019 (1903) Users
If you are currently having Windows 10 19H1 update, you need to follow the below outline to use the recovery option-
Step-1: Press Win and I hotkey together to invoke the Settings app.
Step-2: From the different categories, click Update & Security then Windows Update on the succeeding screen.
Step-3: Subsequently, switch to the right-hand side and hit View update history link.
Step-4: When the new window appears, tap the first option Uninstall updates to proceed ahead.
Step-5: Now, choose the Update for Microsoft Windows thereafter Uninstall option from the top ribbon on the same page.
Step-6: Henceforth, you will receive a confirmation message; press Yes to move ahead.
Step-7: Once finished, hit Restart now button to refresh your computer.
After following all the steps successfully, your computer will revert back to the previous version of Windows 10 update i.e 1903.
2} Uninstall Windows 10 1909 for October 2018 (1809) users
In case, you jump directly to Windows 10 19H2 from 1809 or older updates, follow these guidelines to switch back to the previous version.
- Right-click on the Start icon and choose Settings from the appeared power menu.
- When the different categories come up, select Update & Security followed by the Recovery option on the left column.
- Thereupon, press Get started button under Go back to the previous version of the Windows 10 section on the adjacent right pane.
- Here, select any of the reasons that you feel to uninstall the 1909 Update thereafter hit Next button.
- Succeeding after click “No, thanks” option followed by the Next on the warning page.
- At last, select the Next option again then Go back to an earlier build button.
Once all the steps are completed successfully, your system will delete the recent firmware and its components. In this way, your computer will revert back to the previous version.
Restore to the previous version of Windows 10 option is not located
The automatically created Windows.old folder after upgrading the Windows 10, also gives option to rollback the system to the previous installation. This is a unique feature that allows users to revert their PCs in case, the latest version generates bugs. Here’s how to proceed-
- Jointly Press Win and E hotkey to launch the File Explorer.
- Thereupon, select This PC option thereafter explores C: drive (which contains OS).
- Here, double click on Windows.old henceforth User directory.
- Going ahead, open the user-name folder and select the file that you want to retrieve.
- Now, right-click on it and select copy then paste this file inside Windows 10 folder.
- Lastly, Restart your computer to save the changes made so far.
Note: The Windows.old is only available till the 10 days of installation completes. If you can’t see this folder in C: drive, you won’t be able to roll back to the previous version. Moreover, this directory occupies huge space of your HDD. As a result, your system becomes slow in operation. After ten days of original installation, the system by default removes Windows.old folder from the hard drive.