Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there having huge followers for it works actively. However, one of the recent glitches to hit the stage is the missing scroll bar on Chrome. Several users report that now it becomes nearly impossible to scroll down the web page and view its content. It can be irritating because it makes navigation quite complicated and you don’t know how much more it needs to scroll and reach the end of the page.
However, it’s not a serious issue as you can perform the same task using the mouse wheel or the arrow keys. Still, it kind of ruins the experience. You must need to fix any error before it gets out of hand or causes any further damage. In this blog post, we will show you how to fix the Missing Scroll bar on Chrome. Readout this article as there are some solutions available.
[Fix] Scroll bar Missing in Google Chrome on Windows 10
To fix the Missing Scroll bar on Chrome, use the steps –
1] Update Chrome
As per the user’s report, this error mainly occurs on the older versions of the Chrome browser. However, it is something that the company has solved with an update. Therefore, we advise you to update your browser at a regular interval of time so that it might run properly. Here’s how to do it –
- Open the browser and go to the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the three dots available in the vertical figure.
- From the menu list, select Help and then select About Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome will automatically check for new updates and will notify you of the same.
- You can also check the current version there.
2] Restore Settings to fix the Missing Scroll bar on Chrome
If the solution above didn’t work, try restoring the browser settings. To make visible the scroll bar in Chrome, follow the instructions given below –
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click on the 3 dots (Customize and Control Google Chrome).
- Choose the Settings option from the list.
- On the left pane, locate the Advanced option and then expand it.
- Scroll down click on Reset and Cleanup.
- Click on “Restore settings to their original defaults”.
- When prompted with the message, hit the Reset Settings button.
Note – Once you complete the above procedure, it will reset all the pages and tabs. For example – startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. Alongside this, it will also disable extensions and clear temporary data such as cookies.
3] Hardware Acceleration
This feature was introduced in the Chrome browser to improve the level of scrolling experience and rectify media-related problems. However, it has been a source of nothing but problems over the years. To fix the Missing Scroll bar on Chrome, follow the below steps –
- Open the browser and go to the address bar.
- Type the following URL and press the Enter key –
- On the right pane of the result, scroll down and expand Advanced options.
- Under System, locate Use hardware acceleration when available and then disable it.
- Click on the Relaunch button to take effect on changes.
That’s it, I hope the missing scroll bar is now back on your Google Chrome.